mman2005

What is the most unusual/weird RC you own?

Thought it would be cool to start a thread about weird or unusal RC models. I came across a "War Rig" posted by MadInventor posted in the following thread:

This is the strangest thing I've seen yet and got me thinking, does anyone own anything more unusual, standard or custom? 

"More" unusual? No - but an extended Wild Willy 2 chassis on street tires with a rally car body on top might be at least unconventional:

4vk5cy.jpg

In context, it is not even unusual since the practice of extending WR-02 chassis has already been done, and the Honda City Turbo re-release has shown the way to fit street tires onto a Wild Willy 2, which shares much of the same chassis.

If you wish to read more on MadInventor's work, you will find his War Rig is an impressive feat of machining, manual labour, creativity, and dedication.

• Like 3

Probably not very common, but my RC forklift is probably the most unusual rc I own. Gotta load those trucks somehow I suppose :lol:

20160702_185013_zpstdewkyvj.jpg

20160703_111203_zpsxowrmjwy.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, berman said:

Probably not very common, but my RC forklift is probably the most unusual rc I own. Gotta load those trucks somehow I suppose :lol:

I agree. Looks crate!!! :D:rolleyes:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grastens said:

"More" unusual? No - but an extended Wild Willy 2 chassis on street tires with a rally car body on top might be at least unconventional:

4vk5cy.jpg

In context, it is not even unusual since the practice of extending WR-02 chassis has already been done, and the Honda City Turbo re-release has shown the way to fit street tires onto a Wild Willy 2, which shares much of the same chassis.

If you wish to read more on MadInventor's work, you will find his War Rig is an impressive feat of machining, manual labour, creativity, and dedication.

Looks great. I didn't realise it was based on a vehicle out of the latest mad max. I've only seen the originals. I don't doubt that some people have put an impressive amount of work into their models and not mocking it but it is the craziest thing I've seen. Thanks for the link to his work. Will have a look.

12 hours ago, mman2005 said:

This is the strangest thing I've seen yet and got me thinking, does anyone own anything more unusual, standard or custom? 

This one time we spotted this at LHS:-

DSC03152.jpg

It's about size of a singleseater JetSki so I'd assume it's about 1/2 scale to a full size Quadbuggy. Since it's got no form of seating nor controls for any human full nor scale sized, I'd assume it's RC :blink:

Its around the time I got into largescale which is thought was crazy/impractical/moneyburning enough... that's definitely beyond sanity :rolleyes: at that size *I* wanna drive it myself!!!

• Like 1

Have owned, built, and traded a few oddities over the years and got plenty more ideas for crazy builds for the future.  For example, I want to build a functioning off-road tow truck so I can help to marshal cars from the grass to the track when I'm at bashes.  I was hoping I'd have one ready for this year's bashing season, but I haven't even started it yet.

Anyway, here's a few random things in my possession:

A survival truck inspired by Max's truck from Beyond Thunderdome:

https://tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=100463&sid=15729

A TL01 running M03 rear arms and a Grave Robber body:

https://tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=124245&sid=15729

This has been a work in progress for over 9 years now - I bought it in this condition as a Robbe Laredo body on a modified TA01/02 hybrid chassis.  It's now sitting on a modified Losi Mini Rock Crawler chassis.  The motor wouldn't fit under the body, so I've hacked the centre console out to build a big transmission tunnel.  Haven't shared any photo updates of this for ages, but it's not something I've worked on in quite a while.

https://tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=76962&sid=15729

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure RichyTAnimal (who doesn't come on here much these days) made a deal for a set of 6 RC tanks complete with fence-mounted controllers from a fairground.  That's probably the most unusual RC I've heard of in private ownership.  He did have quite an eclectic collection!

10 hours ago, berman said:

That's only the 2nd one I've seen!

The first being the one in work they use for FLT training, they load it up to show how different weights at different heights make them fall over. I was the only one in the class trying to see what motors it was using and if it could be upgraded to brushless! 🙄

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

A couple more:

img33435_12052015220306_1.jpg

img33435_08062015203214_1.jpg

img33435_08062015203214_2.jpg

I'm starting to see that you love up to your name :D they look great. Some great imagination!!

4 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

That's only the 2nd one I've seen!

The first being the one in work they use for FLT training, they load it up to show how different weights at different heights make them fall over. I was the only one in the class trying to see what motors it was using and if it could be upgraded to brushless! 🙄

Doesn't everybody here have a desktop forklift? :huh:

DSC02801.jpg

This one's modelled on a heavier duty forklift, it's big enough to lift a M-chassis.

Performance is adequate & no need to go brushless :P but would like to add a tilt function to the forks... 

• Like 3

I'm after some car bits over summer and I want to replace my rip brat bodyshell, but id really love a kyosho pistenbully.