Bullitt3577

Stinger MK II

Had one of these when they came out and wanted to find one for my collection. The body is in pretty bad condition but I may be able to glue it back together for shelf duty since I'm not into running cars these days? The only things it needs is a bumper and the brake lever/arm is missing. It came with a spare engine but it has some kind of epoxy on the case like it was cracked? Both engines have missing fins so I decided to look for a replacement and I found a new one for $10 on eBay. 

image.jpeg

The body still needs to be cleaned a bit more before I try and glue it back together. You can see I used the small bumper from the optima re release, just had to drill 2 holes. I'm still going to try and make a bumper that's like the original, just have to order the material.

image_zpsguissr7y.jpeg

• Like 2

I haven't put the radio gear back in yet. The suspension sits a little high but hopefully it'll drop down after I re install the radio gear? I also haven't seen this type of shock collar set up before, I can't soften up the tension on the springs?

image_zpsy4xgca3u.jpeg

image_zpsljbu7dsd.jpeg

image_zpsitpu3jq8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 26/04/2017 at 9:02 AM, Bullitt3577 said:

I haven't put the radio gear back in yet. The suspension sits a little high but hopefully it'll drop down after I re install the radio gear? I also haven't seen this type of shock collar set up before, I can't soften up the tension on the springs?

image_zpsy4xgca3u.jpeg

image_zpsljbu7dsd.jpeg

image_zpsitpu3jq8.jpeg

I'm pretty sure you can fit these. I've put them on my Re-Re Optima and they really look the part.

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Phobya-Hose-Clamp-Hexagonal-10-11mm-Red_33129.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw4cLKBRCZmNTvyovvj-4BEiQAl_sgQh6D8180w3sqUKGQza8bAC81KGUvfk-P_ccJ1h_YlCAaApEk8P8HAQ

On June 28, 2017 at 6:06 AM, Granddad Stinky said:

I've seen those but I don't think they work for the plastic shocks. I ended up getting the shocks from the re release optima and installed those and I'm looking at possibly getting an aftermarket front shock tower that puts the shocks more upright.