netsmithUK

New site design just went live!

Hi, found a thing with thumbnails pictures in the showroom. After clicking loadmore two pictures didn't show.  (sorted showroom by category, using chrome on windows 10) 

Tamiyaclub%20error%2001_zpsvgbmdizk.png

can you post a link to both the items with missing pictures thanks.

19 minutes ago, netsmithUK said:

can you post a link to both the items with missing pictures thanks.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=129560&id=8721

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=129228&id=8721

Try to go into my showroom. Sort by category and go down to the load more button and click it, do you then get the same "error" as me? 
https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=8721&sp=20

When playing around I see that it's not consistent whith the two pictures, (go in and out of entries) 

So, Chris, got some proofreading done and found this on the front page this morning. :D

"Welcome to the New Tamiyaclub.com site! A lot has changes in 15"

Oh and this has bugged me a few days, extra word??? I don't speak the Queen's English, so I just thought I would say it for us mericans.

"so we've rebuilt from the site from the ground up."

Now it seems I am not getting emoticons to pull up, but it did convert my : and D to the :D automatically which was kinda cool.

I use Win10 and FireFox browser on a Dell PC for my desktop.

Also, is it just me or could the font headings of the SALES, TRADES, and MEMBER'S EBAY have a different coloring much like the opening statement of BIG MONTH BIG CHANGES??? the color differences for me would help me ID what I was looking at in all the bold font. Just my 2 cents worth on that.

On 30.4.2017 at 11:55 AM, Incredible_Serious said:

Quick one for you Chris... when you delete an item from your showroom, you (well, I) get a 

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

This was the link: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_deletemodel.asp?id=127826

Alex

I´m getting the same error, when I change picture descriptions in the showroom. Changing one at a time works fine, but changing two or more results in the error.

This is the url: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_updatemodel_process.asp?cid=130797

Best regards

Daniel

@leinad2 The delete issue was fixed a few days ago - unless anyone has had problems recently. I'm struggling to reproduce the picture captions editing bug, can anyone else please advise if they can replicate and let me know the exact steps they took.

thanks

Chris

Oh, that looks very nice! Very up-to-date! Thank you Mr. admin-sir! :) 

This is my first opportunity to view the site (on a laptop) as i can no longer view on my phone for whatever reason. Really like the layout on the laptop, read this thread for any tips but no one else appears to have reported this. All it shows on my phone is the tamiyaclub logo and the hamburger menu however no matter what you click nothing shows. My phone is an old samsung s3 so maybe thats the reason., Otherwise a thumbs up from me...

1 hour ago, netsmithUK said:

@leinad2 The delete issue was fixed a few days ago - unless anyone has had problems recently. I'm struggling to reproduce the picture captions editing bug, can anyone else please advise if they can replicate and let me know the exact steps they took.

thanks

Chris

Well now I can´t reproduce it either. Maybe it was some weird combination, it was my first showroom. 

Steps were simply press "edit" in the showroom, change more than one description, press "update this model" and I got the error.

Another thing I noticed, not sure if it´s the sites fault or my browsers, everytime I edit the showroom, these things in the picture get added in my description after a sentence.

showroom.JPG

There might be occasion 500 Errors at the moment as I'm constantly changing things behind the scenes at the moment and if you are just unlucky and when you hit something as I'm uploading you might get an issue. Best thing is to always try and reproduce a few minutes later.

In terms of the "br" tags in the editor for your description. The old system required you to put them in to put in line breaks. The new system still lets you but you don't actually need to any more, you can just hit return. If you get time it would be good to delete them.

@zakspeed sorry its not working on your phone - thats was one of the main points to the redesign. Is there any chance you can use a different browser on the device? If not please can you supply some more info about the operation system version, and the browser you do use.

Chris

Thats what I did, just hit return, the br tags just seem to be added automatically every time I edit a showroom. When I don´t delete them they just add up everytime I edit the showroom.

Just tested with Firefox and Chrome, same behavior for both. 

@leinad2 Good spot - its actually doubling them up every time you edit at the moment. Will need a bigger fix.

Probably in the minority but I can't stand it. Why does everything have to be so big.  You can no longer scan the front page without a lot of scrolling and standing at the back of the room!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andyfish2000 said:

Probably in the minority but I can't stand it. Why does everything have to be so big.  You can no longer scan the front page without a lot of scrolling and standing at the back of the room!!!!!!!!

YOU YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPERS, with your good eyes and such, stop your whining and get back in the pram. ;)

All kidding aside, I agree, but I think we might be in a minority report there, we shall see what Chris does in due time as he seems to be wading in a bit of other glitches at the moment

On 02/05/2017 at 8:02 PM, netsmithUK said:

@zakspeed sorry its not working on your phone - thats was one of the main points to the redesign. Is there any chance you can use a different browser on the device? If not please can you supply some more info about the operation system version, and the browser you do use.

Chris

HI Chris - to be honest i'm pretty thick when it comes to phones/computers. I can access the forums from my phone so that willl do. if i can find the info you need i'll share it. Thanks

On 2.5.2017 at 11:12 PM, Andyfish2000 said:

I agree with you. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GregM said:

I agree with you. :)

+1 on that

Not sure if another Thing has been mentioned already: i cannot find the list of numbers / item names anymore ?! This was very useful and often used -at least by me;-)

• Like 2

Every time I try to scroll down on the title page it goes blank with just a white screen  but when I scroll back up it comes back on 

Plus it won't load at all on my phone

Found a couple more things, sorry! 

I'm getting the missing images too, 404s trying to find this for example: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/tcimages/43050/generated/img43050_512016122817_1_350.jpg

I'm getting a random nn.close %> outputted to the HTML on showroom.asp 

showroom.asp has reverted back to Windows encoding so I'm seeing the junk characters again

The model database search it doesn't work if you enter a kit number.

No need to apologies for spotting things :)

Can you provide a link to the pages where you are seeing the 404s (not the image itself), %>  and windows encoding please  (Background - I changed the way I handle photos which included renaming them, and the missing images are largle just places I missed putting the new code. The images are there.)

Last time we talked about encoding, I tried utf and then switched it back after it caused more problems (see 

I've not swapped it since then?

Searching for model number is Fixed.

Chris