Jason1145

Can the QuicRun 1060 ESC handle 3s lipo?

Ahh I know it can but I wanted your attention lol... it's rated to 3s lipo down to 18t brushed motors.... but... what about pushing it on a 15t brushed motor?

Will it die straightaway in a fireball or will it die a slow death... could I get away with it for a few battery packs, maybe someone has pushed these limits with success or failure? These 1060's are cheap enough to not worry too much right?

Any experience or thoughts much appreciated.

Most I've used mine with is 3S and silver cans. I have got plans to shove an 18 turn in my wild one for the speed runs, with the silver can it achieved a paltry 40kph.....

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's to do with current draw.

If you're on long wet grass with tall gears, it'll fry, but on tarmac I'd put my money on it being ok... (famous last words 🙄) 

Ps, does it come with a fan?

8 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I'm guessing it's to do with current draw.

If you're on long wet grass with tall gears, it'll fry, but on tarmac I'd put my money on it being ok... (famous last words 🙄) 

Ps, does it come with a fan?

Nope, no fan.

I used to run one in my Wraith on 3s with a 55t can, still running one on 2s with a 45t can in my SCX10.

Have consulted an experienced 1060/Firebolt 15t user and his theory is that the can would burn out after a short period of use, most likely taking the 1060 with it........

My 860 dual came with one, I kind of thought they were similar esc's.

Run at your own risk by the sound of it Jason! 🤔

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

My 860 dual came with one, I kind of thought they were similar esc's.

Run at your own risk by the sound of it Jason! 🤔

Similar, but different. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, erring on the cautious side I've just ordered a modest 21t brushed motor to keep my 1060 ESC in the comfort zone ;) 

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Nope, no fan.

I used to run one in my Wraith on 3s with a 55t can, still running one on 2s with a 45t can in my SCX10.

Have consulted an experienced 1060/Firebolt 15t user and his theory is that the can would burn out after a short period of use, most likely taking the 1060 with it........

Chewy do you have an FTX Outlaw? I saw your name on the MSUK thread about it, this is what I'm planning to put in the Outlaw on 3s lipo.

11 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Chewy do you have an FTX Outlaw? I saw your name on the MSUK thread about it, this is what I'm planning to put in the Outlaw on 3s lipo.

Hi mate, no, no Outlaw in the fleet yet.

Personally, I wouldn't go down that route. There's not enough gearing options available.

Yeah I know, either 17 or 23 teeth pinion, that a jump of 6 teeth.