Buggyjam

Lunchbox, the original blank canvas. Share yours!

Behold. The lunchbox. You've never seen one of these. Just kidding. It's a stock box. It has been languishing on my shelf waiting a paint job and its bumpers. Girlfriend bought it for me. The thing is I'm not sure what to do paint scheme wise. Are you a box art man/woman? Or shall I go really rude with it and mad stripes, stars, blacked out army style bumpers etc. I suspect my lack of talent my fall short of my ideas. Then again. I don't own a stock anything so maybe stock so I at least have one. Post pics of your boxes people (I hope I don't get banned for saying that) and share your art work!

IMG_0199.JPG

6 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Here's a couple of my lunchie affectionately known as either the munchie box or the beat box

IMG_20160403_145541.jpg

IMG_20160316_155328.jpg

That is sweeeet. I can tell a lot of work went into that to detail it. How did you do it? Rubbing back to undercoat?

5 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

20170502_005711.thumb.jpg.ee9e1c883cac40c899a93061ed05eed3.jpg

Here's my son's lunchie after a fun time in the mud today.

Ah that looks like a fun day out judging by the mud :-). Those box art schemes do look nice. 

Here is my MGD delivery van

F8364BB8-C275-4CE7-8D30-74CD728CD6B3_zps

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Buggyjam said:

That is sweeeet. I can tell a lot of work went into that to detail it. How did you do it? Rubbing back to undercoat?

It was done using liquid masking applied using a torn up piece of scouring pad over various rust shades then a faded yellow that I found in halfords (I think it's a Fiat colour) sprayed on top. Most of the liquid masking is then removed but some smaller bits are left behind to give the effect of rust bubbles. A few areas are lightly rubbed back using very fine wet and dry sandpaper. There's also rust streaking done with humbrol enamel paint simply put a blob onto the area you want to streak give it five minutes to skin over and then use a large flat brush damped with turpentine dragged down the body to give the rust effect. Lastly the windscreen was masked off and the entire body was coated in highly thinned tamiya buff to give the dusty/neglected appearance. The beauty of this is any scuffs or scratches can just be touched in with brown paint and it adds to the beater effect. 

• Like 1

Box-art is great, custom is great too - can't go wrong with one of these.  Here's my Fuzzbox :

fuzzbox30.jpg

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, topforcein said:

My 70's box yet to be finished

IMG_20170502_161846.jpg

IMG_20170502_161816.jpg

IMG_20170502_161748.jpg

IMG_20170502_161659.jpg

I love the little window on the side. The 70s vibe from these vans is awesome. What's your plans for finishing it?

Tbh I don't know yet I need to sit and stare at it for a while then hope insparation comes a knocking on my swede

• Like 2

Feel almost embarrassed to post this after all those gorgeous vans up there, but this is vintage original, pretty much a barn find rusty from running on the beach all its life that I got off ebay and restored. Was going to paint it, but it's so battered and I roll it so often I think it's going to stay raw!

2017-05-02_03-00-24

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bigoggy said:

3 boxart paint jobs, 1 van.

WP_20161122_20_35_37_Pro_zpswfxzfove.jpg

WP_20161122_20_36_01_Pro_zps4ipdztfp.jpg

WP_20161122_20_36_21_Pro_zpsmhjqxchc.jpg

WP_20161122_20_36_42_Pro_zpsg1lncaoh.jpg

WP_20161122_20_36_53_Pro_zps2jb8kimh.jpg

WP_20161122_20_37_10_Pro_zps8hjyhwey.jpg

I absolutely love this. So quirky. All the box art pics in one! Did you clearcoat over those decals or under? 

I want to get one of these bodies for my Midnight Pumpkin and paint it flat black a write Free Candy on the side :) My kids would think it's hilarious!

Mine....

Vintage LB (Still too scared to put on the vintage decals.... Im a wuss)

IMG_0762_zpsp1w1zdoz.jpg

My project WR02 LB

IMG_1507_zps0wnpujta.jpg

IMG_1517_zpsme03gehh.jpg

• Like 4

Love the lunchbox, such a fun rc!

Heres my flogged out rere, although it has white sponsor stickers along the sills since this pic was taken.

20161102_175212_zpsrzftccqz.jpg

• Like 2

Been a while since I built one... should crack another kit soon :)

The last one became "T-box"

DSC_6561s.jpg

DSC_6560s.jpg

had voice box 

DSC_6554s.jpg

plus a colourcoded 5th shock & chrome blinged with clear yellow 

DSC_6563s.jpg

• Like 1