Sign in to follow this  
SNAKEBITE

Cheetah - Potential Project

Talking to a bloke in our office and he said that he used to have a Tamiya Cheetah.

Now I had never heard of this model and subsequently looked it up on here and found this thread:

Now I suggested he brings it in and we get working on it, we work in an Engineering shop so in theory we could cobble together anything.

Just one question:

Can you talk to me about the torsion bars, and what's involved as they may be one of the failed parts....

Hopefully @carider may be of some help.

Thanks in advance.....

The Tamiya XR311 Combat Support Vehicle is a close cousin to Tamiya's Cheetah. From what Blackholesun says about the XR311, the plastic torsion bars had been replaced with metal torsion bars for the XR311 re-release. This article might help you with your restoration:

http://www.blackholesun.fr/en/38-en/my-models/off-road/scale/132-tamiya-58004-xr311-combat-support-vehicle

There's more talk about the torsion bars on page 2.

• Like 1

I remember going through a few torsion bars when I had my Cheetah.  If you stick with this solution (and don't convert to shocks) I'd suggest taking the tension off if you ever leave it standing for a while.

• Like 1

Yep i had one also. That was my 1st Tamiya rc kit. 1986 i think and second hand too if only we knew ah.

wild