smirk-racing

Lunchbox slow-motion beach run (6s)

I LOVE this :)

I want another chassis for my 2 shells - might have to do a modded runner :) 

might start working on one (but I do have a set of transluscent lights to go on and a lighting kit)

JJ

Glad you still have it. These videos were the reason I worked on my Lunchbox a lot. Everyone used to say there was no point upgrading them because it would "ruin the character" or "take the fun away" but I couldn't disagree more.

I probably drive my Lunchbox more than any other RC I own. It's in a wonderful middle ground between being crude/primitive and capable. 

• Like 1

Your video in your other thread looks great. If you are so inclined, perhaps you can do a build thread on your lunchbox. Did you do anything special to the gearbox in terms of suspension set-up? It looked like you were getting pretty good acceleration and traction without excessive (any really) wheelies.

Awesome work! I totally agree with you how fun the "Box is when upgraded properly. As far as I'm concerned, what you have done is make the Lunchbox work the way I imagined it would (when I was little)! So perhaps this is how things are supposed to be... ;)

What's the model # of the Tenshock motor you used?  I've been looking for their 100w 36mm x 40mm motor, but  the closest I can find are 36mm x 41.5mm and 38mm x 40mm motors.  

Thanks, 

~Brady

On 6/17/2021 at 12:38 PM, BradyTrucking said:

What's the model # of the Tenshock motor you used?  I've been looking for their 100w 36mm x 40mm motor, but  the closest I can find are 36mm x 41.5mm and 38mm x 40mm motors.  

Thanks, 

~Brady

I think you've got it. The dimensions are 36x41mm. 

http://www.tenshock.com/ez2220-6-pole-brushless-motor.html

Keep in mind that's a 1000 watt motor, not 100. It is extremely overpowered for the chassis.

It can destroy your gearbox if you don't limit the amps to the motor (castle escs have a torque control setting for this). This setting is why I don't have endless wheelies. 

Also, you will need to select the right KV based on how many cells you want to run (say 3s or 2s or even 6s). 

Thanks for confirming the motor specs, and the tip about limiting the motor amperage.  

My mistake, I meant to type 1000 watt.  I'm already running an overpowered motor in my lunchbox, and it's only a 3650 3100KV with a 3S battery.  I think I'm fine running 3S or 4S has opposed your 6S (although it is insanely awesome).  But the Tenshock 36x41 is the only motor I can find that has a suitably short can length to clear a 4-link/panhard bar design without flipping the motor.  Otherwise I'd stick with a standard motor size. 

5 hours ago, BradyTrucking said:

But the Tenshock 36x41 is the only motor I can find that has a suitably short can length

Yep - that's the reason I have that motor. It has the right dimensions and provides some flexibility.

Sounds like you know what you're doing, so I am sure you will get lots of enjoyment out of that motor.