Sign in to follow this  
Draefilk

Second RC build - Super Hotshot

Been working on this for a couple of weeks (when I found the time after the day job). Very very pleased with it. Runs like a dream, loving the 4WD. Going to take it out tomorrow for a good run. 

IMG_4092.JPG

• Like 3

Love mine. One of my favorite runners. Looks nice in that color.

• Like 1

Took it out for a good run today. Was incredible, especially after the 2WD DT-03. The only thing that was a bit of a let down was the wide turning circle. 

Otherwise, what a great machine!

On 5/20/2017 at 7:59 AM, Theibault said:

Love mine. One of my favorite runners. Looks nice in that color.

What others do you run? I'm already thinking of my next one. Would like something reasonably fast, 4WD and great quality. Possibly the Egress? Or maybe something with a little more ground clearance for better off road. Any tips?

13 hours ago, Draefilk said:

What others do you run? I'm already thinking of my next one. Would like something reasonably fast, 4WD and great quality. Possibly the Egress? Or maybe something with a little more ground clearance for better off road. Any tips?

Egress, is great quality, but suffers grip roll at high speed on standard settings. It could be that mine is over motored though as I'm running 9T brushless in it with a 19T pinion. Hoping that the Top Force is going to be more stable corning at speed. My Hopped up TT02B copes with the 9T easily and I run a Hobao Hyper MiniST with a 4T Orion Vortex on 2S and that is like a rocket but corners with rollover.

Carl.

In 4wd I can only compare my Boomerang, TT02B and Kyosho Lazer ZX6.

The Boomerang has better ground clearance than the TT02B and is far better around the backyard as it can handle grass really well. It does grip roll at times though. The TT02B can't keep up on the grass or rough surfaces as the ground clearance isn't high enough. It is far better on tarmac though. The Egress should have decent ground clearance as it was designed as a buggy rather than adapting the onroad car like the TT02B.

The Kyosho is a high end race kit with the price to match but does everything far better than the others, as you'd expect. If you want to stick to Tamiya then you could look at the TRF kits (not sure which, 5xx series are the ones though) or DB01, otherwise there any of the top kits by other manufacturers would work.

So it really depends on what brand and your budget

• Like 1

Actually I've been having issues with the Super Hotshot. The front axle part is scraping the inside of the wheels, making a 'tack-tack' sound when going fast. I think maybe I put the wheels on too tight? I possibly need to add some sort of spacer so the wheels stick out more. Haven't taken it apart yet (been busy with yard work) but it's on the list of things to do. Anyone else notice this problem?

Looks great in red, never occurred to me but makes sense seeing that the HS is red.