jlcox7

DT-03 Racing FIghter or Neo FIghter

Would anyone have a recommendation of one of these over the other - just for messing around and bashing - not racing?

They both seem to be built on the same design

is there any substantial difference in these 2?

thanks for any input 

Only difference apart from the body is the wheel design and front tyres. Neo Fighter has wide ribs which are better for tarmac and harder surfaces. Racing Fighter had deeply ribbed fronts which are rubbish on hard surface but pretty good on gravel and sand. Tyres don't cost much and I'm not using either of the kit sets on my Racing Fighter based buggy so buy the one you most like the look of.

• Like 1

I have a Neo Fighter and for just bashing around I cannot fault it.

Mine is completely unmodified, purely for the reason it just doesn't need to be for what I use it for. (It did come with the Torque tuned motor and CVA shocks as free hop ups though).

I do have a set of alloy shocks to put on it, but after the fun I've had with my son's Rising Fighter's suspension I've not bothered fitting them.

The Racing fighter body looks much cooler imo so I ended up buying that shell for my Neo Fighter and learned the rear body mount positions are different on the two shells and use two different mounts... but I think both kits come with everything needed ( I bought my Neo Fighter used so didn't get the leftover parts trees)

I chose the Neo Fighter because it's sort of a homage to the original Frog.

• Like 1

The Racing Fighter's shell uses TL-01 body posts, while the Neo Fighter uses the posts moulded into the chassis. Thus if you want to fit a Racing Fighter shell to a car originally sold as a Neo Fighter, you need to buy a post sprue, but not the other way around.

• Like 1