Sign in to follow this  
kalsh

Thorp 4512

Looking for some of these or someone who perhaps could make some. Any suggestions fellow TC members?

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

Do you need them to be aluminium and locking or do you just need them as an adaptor for connecting the wheel? Looking at them they look like they would serve the same purpose as the plastic wheel hub plate that comes with the Wildone / FAV.

Never seen those those red ones before, they do look nice.

Need them to be locking/clamp for thorp axles which don’t have a hole for a pin adaptor that is used on the plastic ones.

Kalsh is right. Unfortunately, finding them might be tricky. I never saw the hole-less axles in person back in the day but I remember seeing them in the Thorp catalog. Supposedly, some folks were having issues with the hole version axle breaking at the the hole point. These clamp-only adapters with solid axles were Thorp's remedy.

Good grief - how hard do you have to hit something with a Blackfoot to break off an AXLE?

I remember seeing those in shops, but I didn't realize that was the reason for them...

1 hour ago, markbt73 said:

Good grief - how hard do you have to hit something with a Blackfoot to break off an AXLE?

I know, right? Now, I had a Hornet clip the rear corner of my re-release Frog once and the axle broke at the pin hole. However, the shiny "chrome" re-re dogbone style stub axles seem much less hard than the original blackish hex style ORV stub axles. The Thorp stuff was generally even tougher than that. Aside from collisions, I can't say I've seen any one fail in normal off road use. 

I run these on my BF, mainly because the Thorp telescoping shafts require the hole-less axles... but I have broken off more than one standard axle, and always right thru the hole. 

DSC_2770

• Like 1

20 hours ago, markbt73 said:

I remember seeing those in shops, but I didn't realize that was the reason for them...

My son launched ours into the mailbox last year and clipped the rear wheel, breaking the axle at the pin.  That was enough to do it lol!!  I think the silver can was still in it at the time, but possibly running a Tamiya Lightly Tuned motor.

Wow, you guys must be a lot rougher on them than I ever was... I went through diff gears like candy (of course) and broke a bunch of front uprights before I finally got the yellow CRP ones, but I never broke an axle. Or rounded out the hexes, come to think of it...