tamiya monkey

South Yorkshire Meets?

Hi everyone, since the demise of the Clumber meets in 2014, i just wondering if there any groups that meet up in the south yorkshire area, let me know what and where you run, would be great to start meeting up with folk for the odd bash.

Been wondering for a while myself. I'm based near Wakefield and been wanting to enjoy running the cars again. I'll keep an eye on this and see if anything develops.

• Like 1

I'm in sheffield but no idea about meets. Only club I have seen is touring cars and I am into buggies. Any ideas on somewhere that might be good to meet? Park somewhere perhaps?

Same here, I prefer buggies. I used to go to the local touring car club but that's recently finished.

Since our regular meets come to an end in 2014, ive been to a few club open days etc, but hoping for more regular get togethers with my Mainly vintage buggies, im becoming a collector not runner at the moment. Hopefully some group might come up with a solution to our blight lol.

Hi, I have a part built  lunch Box I have had several over the years but usually sell them because they don't get used.

I'm not into racing just some fun with like minded individuals.

I am just to the North of Chesterfield

Im in Chesterfield too. Seems to be a few of us reasonably near.

Only track I know of though (not been) is the notts and derby.

I could ask around and see if anyone has a field corner or something we could set something up in.

Hi.

I have not been to Rother Valley Country Park for years, I was wondering if they have a good area that could be used?

On a positive I have been able to get some paint on my LB shell. Also , been looking at other peoples builds and ideas for another project. I'm  thinking my Scania is going to have to wait in bits for a while.

I dont think ive ever been to rother valley country park. We take the dogs to homebrook, linacre, porter etc but ive not seen much worth traveling too. Been told there are some good trail driving to be done done five pits. 

Id be more up for some kind of 'for fun' vintage 'race' (ish) than crawling trails though.

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 11:27 PM, tamiya monkey said:

Hi Guys, be sure to look up Tamiya Junkies on facebook. :D there is a couple of events coming up next month.

Cool, ive requested :)

• Thanks 1

hi everyone

i dont know of any local clubs and i dont have facebook to track any down however near where i live in rotherham there is a bmx track which is pretty cool that would be a great place to bash

Just now, Mhays said:

hi everyone

i dont know of any local clubs and i dont have facebook to track any down however near where i live in rotherham there is a bmx track which is pretty cool that would be a great place to bash

oops didnt put where seach on google maps s73 0xf

Just now, Mhays said:

oops didnt put where seach on google maps s73 0xf

****** this was years ago......