mongoose1983

Sand Scorcher body parts resin cast

A decade or so ago I remember there were some super talented resin casters of Sand Scorcher bodyparts. I wonder if there are still some of those guys reproducing bits out there.

Anybody can led me to good replacements? One of my buggies is missing a couple of parts.

You all have a good weekend! :)

I do remember this,,,but failing to remember exactly who was doing it... What does yours need exactly? I may be able to guide you on how to do this,,,if its something like the front nose it can be quite easy to replicate in other materials like body filler, as long as you can make a decent mold from the original part. Stuff like door handles and intricate smaller parts like the VW emblem is a whole different story.

scollins

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scollins said:

I do remember this,,,but failing to remember exactly who was doing it... What does yours need exactly? I may be able to guide you on how to do this,,,if its something like the front nose it can be quite easy to replicate in other materials like body filler, as long as you can make a decent mold from the original part. Stuff like door handles and intricate smaller parts like the VW emblem is a whole different story.

scollins

A pair of door handles and the base parts for the rear lights. I can do a very nice set of door handles with just a knife and a piece of plastic, but that is not something I can do to reproduce the rear bits, unfortunately.

One was a guy called James - ebay ID : jamesmumbojimbo

I bought a couple, and a couple of his licence plates too - best repros I've seen.

Pretty sure he's a TC member, but can't remember his nick here....

• Like 1

For the cost I've found these to be a really good base for the handles even if they do need a bit of finishing they also do reproduce plates which are pretty good: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201932924096

I've found the rear light pods on Shapeways but you can modify a set from any of the later beetles to accept the clear lenses: https://www.shapeways.com/product/TQXQ4M32F/tamiya-monster-beetle-rear-lamp-bracket?optionId=61459896 of course if anyone on here makes them I'd be interested to check them out too.

• Like 1