Sign in to follow this  
moffman

I think this is a dodgy eBay trader "again"

I know there's a separate thread for suspicious traders! So I apologize for putting my concerns in the general discussion but about a month ago some dodgy traders (probably just one person actually) but using different accounts was putting original unbuilt boxed hotshots on eBay and a vanquish for stupidly cheap prices (I think £20ish)and I was told by other Tamiya club members when you clicked to buy said rc's it only excepted credit cards with obviously the  intentions of scamming! But it looks like him/her/them are at it again? this Is the model in question on eBay so please guy's just have your wit's about you and as the saying goes "if it looks to good to be true it probably is!"

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

I've lost count of the amount of listings that I've reported over the past couple of weeks like this. The dead give away are;

1. Very cheap price

2. Only ever listed as Buy it Now, or Offers.

3. Totally random seller name (looks like someone has mashed the keyboard half the time).

4. Zero feedback rating.

5. Located in China.

The auctions are all setup up so that you can only pay by using the 'pre-loaded' payment method via PayPal or credit card only, which guarantees the scammer will get the funds.

Stay vigilant.

Here's another one on eBay most likely the same scumbag!

s-l300.jpg

Sorry to keep on about these dodgy scumbags! But just be aware him/her/them are pretty prevalent on eBay at the moment! All the rc's they have been listing are all around the £23 mark with free p&p and I've seen the item's on eBay month's before with the genuine seller! (obviously they are all worth in reality a lot more!) I just don't want anyone to get stung!