Wal.d

Brushless problem . Help needed

I have just bought a speed passion v3.0 competition bl 13.5t motor to run on my TBLE-02s esc  but it will not work. The esc just flashes red quickly . Any ideas please 

Is the ESC in "brushless" mode?

Have you got the 3 main power wires in the correct order?

Have you got a sensor lead connected between the motor and ESC?

Have you checked the TBLE02 ESC instruction manual to see what a red flashing LED means?

What he ^ said. Make sure you set it up in brushless mode before plugging anything in. You need to get it to bring up an orange led when it turns on. If it still flashes you sensors cable isn't plugged in properly. Follow the instructions. They not the easiest but all the info is there.

That esc is sensored brushless only. Is your motor sensored?  Is it set to sensored mode? Did you run the high point setup?

1 hour ago, skinned said:

Ok it is funny/sad that they had to make this video for those who cannot comprehend the manual ....lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iluvmud said:

Ok it is funny/sad that they had to make this video for those who cannot comprehend the manual ....lol

Come on man, we're not all blessed with the same skill sets, the manual might've been missing etc so it's quick n easy to throw the question up here, no big deal, he got some great help so it worked right?.

Wal.d hope you got it figured out now... the red flashing means?? (Actually that video does not explain what flashing red lights mean - it generally means something's wrong though lol)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Come on man, we're not all blessed with the same skill sets, the manual might've been missing etc so it's quick n easy to throw the question up here, no big deal, he got some great help so it worked right?.

Wal.d hope you got it figured out now... the red flashing means?? (Actually that video does not explain what flashing red lights mean - it generally means something's wrong though lol)

No, i totally get it.... the ESC was a pain to work with at 1st I even searched for all kinds of info on them.... once I got it figured out (actually sat and watched the light colorations) no issues ever and ive accumulated several free ones due to others giving up on them due to frustration.

just funny that it was/is so bad Tamiya had to make a "ESC setup for dummys" for this esc...

• Like 1

Apparently its really common. I just picked one up from TimeTunnelModels ebay store dirt cheap, apparently they get heaps of returns that 'don't work' so they onsell them as refurbished, when they were always completely fine, just user error. Took me ages to get my first ones going though.

The manual will solve the problem, just beware that its hard to distinguish the red and orange lights so take your time and the button is fiddly!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Apparently its really common. I just picked one up from TimeTunnelModels ebay store dirt cheap, apparently they get heaps of returns that 'don't work' so they onsell them as refurbished, when they were always completely fine, just user error. Took me ages to get my first ones going though.

The manual will solve the problem, just beware that its hard to distinguish the red and orange lights so take your time and the button is fiddly!

Yep i got my first one from TTM and promptly messaged them to say it didn't work lol! In my case the protective film on the button was stopping it from depressing properly.

They sell them as low as £15 sometimes which is really quite a bargain for a duel mode AND sensored esc. That's good value just for brushed use let alone brushless. If it could work without a sensor cable it would be unbeatable!

• Like 1

Just now, nowinaminute said:

Yep i got my first one from TTM and promptly messaged them to say it didn't work lol! In my case the protective film on the button was stopping it from depressing properly.

They sell them as low as £15 sometimes which is really quite a bargain for a duel mode AND sensored esc. That's good value just for brushed use let alone brushless. If it could work without a sensor cable it would be unbeatable!

Yep, 15 quid delivered to the other side of the world! The only problem that caused me was explaining why I didn't get these for the rere and instead spent 10x the amount on trackstar gear. That would be admitting i was secretly buying stuff for the racecar under the guise of "this was my first rc car"...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iluvmud said:

No, i totally get it.... the ESC was a pain to work with at 1st I even searched for all kinds of info on them.... once I got it figured out (actually sat and watched the light colorations) no issues ever and ive accumulated several free ones due to others giving up on them due to frustration.

just funny that it was/is so bad Tamiya had to make a "ESC setup for dummys" for this esc...

Ah I see said the blind man, joking on Tamiya and their haplessness which it seems is contagious on these ESC's lol :)

Makes me wish I could run these ESC's a bit more as they seem fantastic value.

• Like 1

When mine did the red flashing, I called fusion hobbies who put me onto the supplier and they said it was knackered. I returned it and the replacement came after a couple of days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wal.d said:

Thanks . All sorted so easy when you know how 😄😄

what was it?

13 minutes ago, Macinnis said:

what was it?

I was not connecting to brushless properly . It is not easy to tell the difference from orange and red .  Plus for me it help pressing the reset button and then turning the esc on.  Many thanks everyone