ThunderDragonCy

Thunder Dragon/Shot wheel diameter. 2"?

Been searching but can't find a definitive answer. After mucking about a lot with tyres recently I have found I really like Schumacher Cat Blocks but they just don't fit on the 2.2" wheels I have now fitted to the Thunder Dragon. Thinking about getting some original wheels to put cat blocks on but they would need to be 2". Everyone goes on about them being a weird size bit I can't find a definitive answer on size. Anyone help me out? Will 2" tyres fit?

Cheers!

Aren't hotshot wheels 2" ?. I know they are smaller than 2.2", and the thundershot wheels are smaller again that the hotshot wheels. You will of course require some original triangle drives for the hotshot wheels. I do seem to remember people running cat tires on hotshot wheels back in the 80s without any problems

(Think I've said this in another post so sorry if I'm repeating myself) 

I don't remember any worrying of wheel size bitd, up until I hung up my controller mid 90's, so presuming everything was 2" up until then? 

thunder dragon/shot rims are actually the same diameter as the stock TC/onroad rims, but are roughly twice the width of a stock TC rim, as such to find tyres to suit the thunder dragon/shot rims you will have to start looking at 1/16th scale or smaller stadium truck (do not be confused with short course truck) or monster truck tyres. I started to do this recently, but have hit a brick wall as the large majority of small scale cars here are run on carpet, and carpet tyres aren't that great for running on outdoor surfaces...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darat76 said:

thunder dragon/shot rims are actually the same diameter as the stock TC/onroad rims, but are roughly twice the width of a stock TC rim, as such to find tyres to suit the thunder dragon/shot rims you will have to start looking at 1/16th scale or smaller stadium truck (do not be confused with short course truck) or monster truck tyres. I started to do this recently, but have hit a brick wall as the large majority of small scale cars here are run on carpet, and carpet tyres aren't that great for running on outdoor surfaces...

Thanks for the confirmation. I think I will look into other 2" options. Would prefer black but never sprayed/dyed wheels before. Thanks!

5 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Thanks for the confirmation. I think I will look into other 2" options. Would prefer black but never sprayed/dyed wheels before. Thanks!

I have found black speed disc rims, i believe these to be the same size as the standard tamiya buggy rims, tho tbh, I haven't measured them, nor compared them to the star dish wheels I have...