I have owned the Hudy set for 10+ years, and bought the MIP set a year or so ago. Most of the time I use MIP because it's newer to me, but the Hudy aluminum handle works better when my hands are greasy. The Hudys are very popular among nitro car racers.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all the replies and persoanl experiences. I have 3 sets/brands (hudy, arrowmax and MIP) on the list now and who knows which one ends up being bought in a few days, but I'm now on the right track!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronSights said:

They also look so cool, best looking ones so far. Sometimes I wish I lived in the USA or UK (sorry europe, I speak english and learning languages was never my strong point if 3rd form japanese is anything to go by) as you guys get far better stuff for much less. Then I think of Trump and Putin and am happy to live here

On 12 June 2017 at 1:53 PM, Jonathon Gillham said:

Are ball allen wrenches or regular ones better?

Regular tip always.

Ball tip very rarely gets used, I have a couple of Hudy... they work great but they're not meant to transmit much torque... use them only to snug in the screw most of the way then use a regular allenkey to tighten. Never use ball end to undo anything. (Best use for ball tip is for tuning carburettors, often 2 of the 3 screws always obscured)

Regular tip always.

Ball tip very rarely gets used, I have a couple of Hudy... they work great but they're not meant to transmit much torque... use them only to snug in the screw most of the way then use a regular allenkey to tighten. Never use ball end to undo anything. (Best use for ball tip is for tuning carburettors, often 2 of the 3 screws always obscured)

Regular tip always.

Regular tip always.