Sign in to follow this  
Nobbi1977

Tonka

While visiting my folks earlier they pulled out some of my old toys. They need rid and I have no space for them.

Anyone in to old Tonka stuff? All early 80's and from American. Would love them to go to a loving home rather than just put them at the end of the road and hope someone nice takes them

IMG_20170611_161348_zpsizwvehpa.jpg

IMG_20170611_161357_zpsssdvceyh.jpg

• Like 3

Funny you should mention this, I went round to my parents a couple weeks ago and they said the same thing and I got two of my old trucks. I put them up in the loft, I'll get some pics later this week

• Like 1

I have a black van and trailer with a single seater race car on it. Must get a pic. Looks like it has the same wheels or similar to the 4x4 above. My three year old loves diving into my plastic crate of old cars in the garage.

when we go inside he takes one and we clean it up and add it to his modern hot wheels.

I had one of those yellow cranes when I was a child I totally trashed it lol.

I had the black Bronco as a kid I see you still have the spare and wheel carrier.  IRC it also came with a jack and petrol can.  Get it converted to remote control

man if you werent in the UK Id scoop those up and refinish them off!! I too had that Bronco and loved it to death!!! also had the Dump truck which was one of my all time faves too!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Country Mike said:

Id like the black jeep please. Could you pm postage and the details how you'd like to do it? 

Will collect them from folks house next time I am there and let you know.

So it has been a while but I now need to get these gone.

Much as I would love to restore them myself that is just never going to happen.

Photobucket has screwed the images so I will try and get more.

I didn't see this at the time but was disappointed that they were gone as I have the dump truck in my loft from when I was little and my uncle had the Bronco that I used to play with when I was at my Gran's house. 

If you still need these gone I'll give them a good home and refurb them to sit with my dump truck. I might even give the Bronco to my uncle as well once it's done. 

• Thanks 1

My brothers and I used to have a lot of Tonkas from the 70s and 80s. From the big ones that we ride down our street (yes we rode them), to the small ones that I played my Kenner Star Wars action figures with.

Tonkas now are all plastic. Nowhere near to the quality before.

• Thanks 1

ive got mine from the mid 70s, well some ill put some picks up 

With the big C19 messing my life up I have not done anything with these.

i need to dig them out and give them a clean and them move them on. Space is at a premium when you have 1:1 scale toys as well

@Nobbi1977 I'll take them whenever you're ready to move them on. The crane will look great next to my dumper and I'll give the Bronco to my uncle as a surprise 

1 hour ago, Kevin_Mc said:

@Nobbi1977 I'll take them whenever you're ready to move them on. The crane will look great next to my dumper and I'll give the Bronco to my uncle as a surprise 

Drop me a pm and we can get something sorted out