Sign in to follow this  
DaveBuildsRC

TBLE-02S Troubles for a new guy back into Rc

Tamiya 1/10 TT-02 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI Martini w/ESC EP Car Kit #58606 (w/stock brushed motor)

So I finished my new kit recently. I am running in to a problem I think with the esc. Constantly flashing green and making noise with no response from throttle stick or steering control. Can anyone help me please?

Here is a video file of whats going on.

IMG_0159.MOV

It may be in sensored brushless mode.  The red and orange blinking lights are hard to tell apart. 

You have to calibrate the esc to work with your radio... and take it out of brushless mode too... as for orange and red being close in color they're not too bad, let the lights cycle through a few times and you'll be able to see the difference.

Did high point setup and it didn't work. Can't complete steps 7 and 8 in the high point setup for esc. Receiver is flashing red as in video. Not sure what is going on.

Receiver is flashing red??? Is it spektrum and did you bind it to your radio? Did you leave bind plug in? Are the red white black wires from the esc in correct sequence??

12 minutes ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

Did high point setup and it didn't work. In the manual says should flash when full throttle and full reverse. It does not. Receiver is flashing red as in video. Not sure what is going on.

Start over from step one. I had the same issue. Cycle the esc on with the setup held down and watch the light sequence. It is not a user friendly set up but once you figure it out it's a solid esc. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iluvmud said:

Receiver is flashing red??? Is it spektrum and did you bind it to your radio? Did you leave bind plug in? Are the red white black wires from the esc in correct sequence??

Binded from factory. Esc wires go in only one way. It's an Onisiki 2.4ghz 2ch with rx. Might need to look up radio manual again. 

1 hour ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

Binded from factory. Esc wires go in only one way. It's an Onisiki 2.4ghz 2ch with rx. Might need to look up radio manual again. 

Pic of receiver with esc and servo plugged in please :) 

couldnt see the vid on my phone..... looks like the radio rx isnt bound correctly. try to rebind it 1st then go from there.

OK. Here's how you change to brushed:

1) Turn EVERYTHING off.

2) Turn on your Transmitter.

3) Hold down the button on the ESC

4) whilst still holding the ESC button down turn on the receiver/buggy

5) Still holding the button down watch the LED cycle through different colours. When it gets to orange, let go of the button

6) It will start flashing green - orange -green. Press the button on the ESC when green is lit

7) Should start flashing green

8) Press the set button again if it's flashing green

Should be sorted.

• Like 2

My 5000mah nicd batt died and don't have a charger. So I used a 7.4 1000mah 25c lipo batt. My motor was barely warm. Is it safe to use a lipo for 30 mins?

I ran 2s lipo in my stock TT02b and it was fine.  Of course it's no longer stock and runs 3s like a champ. 

• Like 1

yeah bud, I run 2s on a 10.5T and it runs fine (I had to buy the Tamiya fan made fore the ESC)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

My 5000mah nicd batt died and don't have a charger. So I used a 7.4 1000mah 25c lipo batt. My motor was barely warm. Is it safe to use a lipo for 30 mins?

Sounds like a very long runtime for a 1000mah but I guess the depends on motor, gearing, terrain, etc.  A 4200mah will last over 2 hours in my crawler with a 55T motor with lots of climbs and winch work.

Do you have a LiPo alarm / cutoff installed?  IIRC the TBLE-02S cuts off at 4.9V which is too low for your LiPo and will damage it if you run until cut-off.

3 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Sounds like a very long runtime for a 1000mah but I guess the depends on motor, gearing, terrain, etc.  A 4200mah will last over 2 hours in my crawler with a 55T motor with lots of climbs and winch work.

Do you have a LiPo alarm / cutoff installed?  IIRC the TBLE-02S cuts off at 4.9V which is too low for your LiPo and will damage it if you run until cut-off.

I think I have one from a drone. so damage only the lipo not the esc right?

2017060209344016-26049.jpg

1 minute ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

I think I have one from a drone. so damage only the lipo not the esc right?

2017060209344016-26049.jpg

thats all you need... and yeah... if the Lipo gets damaged it could go BOOM which damages EVERYTHING!!!

Shouldn't do any damage to the ESC if your lipo is discharged beyond its safe limit but the battery may not recharge properly.  Furthermore if the battery is left in this state the membrane between the battery components can break down and cause a fire.

It's definitely worth reading up on LiPo safety, not just to save damaging your expensive components but to protect your house, family and wellbeing :)

Grandad Stinky recently posted this useful resource:

https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/