Hi everyone!

I built my Neo Scorcher and have been loving it! I've done a few upgrades so far:

Bearings

Alloy steering

Full turnbuckles

Steel gearbox joints and steel universal shafts

Alloy center shaft and steel joints

Sport Tuned Motor

Alloy motor mount (not installed yet)

Tamiya large dish wheels (2 sets) 1 with Pro line Dirt Hawgs, 1 with Tamiya Dual Block

I may also upgrade shocks soon.

My question is... I'd like to go brushless or at least try it out. I'm returning to the hobby after many years so I'm new to brushless motors. I'd like something that can run well with the TBLE-02s speed control included in the kit. I'm running nimh packs. 2000 mah and 3000 mah. Do I need a sensored motor or can I use either sensored or sensorless? I'd like a jump in speed but I don't want to loose too much torque. I mostly just bash but occasionally run on an old dirt track.

Oh and I'd also like something moderately priced. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions! Thanks!

595678c2b38a1_Scorcher3.thumb.jpg.c4d390f5115070da0d9e19bf7d5ed404.jpg

Scorcher.JPG

• Like 2

The first thing that needs to be done is to change the garbage plastic gears in the gearbox with the grave hound metal bag a or gpm makes a set for the tt02b. There is plenty of threads regarding how to do it, just run a search. 

• Like 4

Hi @Pumpkin2

Loadsa guys on here use tble-02s, so sure they'll be able give sound advise on what runs well with it.. As @Rb4276 says, metal gearbox is a good investment and stops the crunching of the ring gear under load..

IMG_20170615_213413574-1040x585.thumb.jpg.9cc3c0672a09696155ef0c4a9585b98d.jpg

Personally I would recommend Lipo to be a consideration also.. Best thing I ever did, power is constant, stronger and for much longer.

I've only sensorless, can't comment on the difference to sensored,  but don't have any issues other than the mildest of stutters from a standing start. 

• Like 2

With the TBLE-02S you have to run a sensored motor.

I don't know about the Neo Scorcher but I run a 13.5T brushless motor with a TBLE-02S in my Boomerang.

• Like 1

I have run 17.5T and 13.5T in my TT02B and either is good, but the 13.5T would be my pick with the TBLE-02S and standard gearing. If you buy ths DF02 gears you will get a 19t pinion as well which makes a difference. The 13.5T was disappointing with the 17t pinion but the 19t made it more lively. Lipo makes a difference too.

The 17.5T really needs higher gearing to get the most out of it so you could get the high speed gear set and run 17.5T. I run 17.5T blinky in a couple of race buggies and they are faster than the TT02B with the 13.5T because of the gearing.

I know others are running 10.5T but I don't think the chassis can really handle much more than the 13.5T. I did have a different esc in it for a while and a bit of boost and turbo and it was just too fast.

I have trackstar motors which i am really happy with. Speed passion are really popular too, good bang for your buck.

• Like 1

Drop some cash and put a castle 4600. I like the eagle racing universal joints too. They put the power down hard core. The TT02B has such a wide range of gear options you can make it as quick or fast as you want. 

• Like 1

Im still running NiHM in my brushless Scorcher. Ive got a Speed Passion 10.5t with the TLBE02 and GPM complete steel diff in the rear. Running a 19t pinion which i need to change to 17t as im having over heating issues with the ESC and i dont know if its because the ESC is on its limits or it just doesnt like the 19t. I used to run a 17.5t but found it a little boring.

Thanks all for the responses! Sorry its been a while I've been very busy. Looking over all your suggestions now.

I put a castle 5700 and mamba max pro in my tt02b. Ignore the wiring, it's all being pulled apart as bits are worn and need swapping. Downside of running power  :-) :-)

IMG_0276.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 7:26 AM, TwistedxSlayer said:

Im still running NiHM in my brushless Scorcher. Ive got a Speed Passion 10.5t with the TLBE02 and GPM complete steel diff in the rear. Running a 19t pinion which i need to change to 17t as im having over heating issues with the ESC and i dont know if its because the ESC is on its limits or it just doesnt like the 19t. I used to run a 17.5t but found it a little boring.

I found the tble02s a bit stretched with 10.5t. The fan helps though.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I found the tble02s a bit stretched with 10.5t. The fan helps though.

I found that switching to a Hobbywing 10BL60 works much better. Lol

• Like 1