mongoose1983

Hornet-clone buggy Mugen Panda Cyclone

Can anybody here let me know where can I find a PDF version of the Mugen Panda Cyclone buggy?

You all have a good Saturday! :)

• Like 1

That would be interesting to have a look through!

Admin, how unfortunate you'd move this question. It's just a quick question about how to find a manual for a clone car that actually reproduce a Tamiya vehicle, that is all. The "Other makes" have much less viewers, so it is obviously less likely that I'll be getting some help.

It's funny the "Re-release Discussions" forum feature all of the Kyosho brand re-released vehicles that share absolutely nothing with the Tamiya company and so far none of those has been moved to the specific forum for KYOSHO RC cars. Nice one, huh.

Tough one. I tried a quick Google search (as I'm sure you did) and came up empty-handed. I can tell you that it was also sold here in the US as the Mugen Manx, so you might try searching for that as well. The World Engines Rockbuster was probably also related, another Grasshopper/Hornet clone with the same style front bumper. All 3 might have actually come from the same factory.

Are you just curious to see the differences from a Hornet, or are you trying to restore one?

8 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

Tough one. I tried a quick Google search (as I'm sure you did) and came up empty-handed. I can tell you that it was also sold here in the US as the Mugen Manx, so you might try searching for that as well. The World Engines Rockbuster was probably also related, another Grasshopper/Hornet clone with the same style front bumper. All 3 might have actually come from the same factory.

Are you just curious to see the differences from a Hornet, or are you trying to restore one?

I have one of these Cyclone buggies here on my bench. The chassis tub is a direct copy of the Hornet alright, but this one has a different gearbox.

And yes, all the different clones seem to have the same bumper. It's the gearbox what they don't seem to share.

Do you have one?

Oh, by the way, the body of the cyclone looks absolutely fantastic over the Frog chassis! :D

On 2/7/2017 at 9:23 PM, Saito2 said:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40041&hilit=manx

Here's a related topic on RC10talk from Tamiyadan.  Some nice info there.

Good stuff indeed. All that info and I got curious about that Bruiser clone-truck mentioned by @TamiyaDan Makes me wonder what is that. I don't ever remember seeing anything like the truck the guy talks about. Would be nice to see a picture or two ;) 

• Like 1

I was curious about the Bruiser clone too. Its tough to say. Hibernaculum and Tamiyadan are both very very knowledgeable enthusiast so as to which is right, who's to say? I believe Tamiyadan may have run a hobby shop and I know he actually raced Tamiya's a good bit, including a Vanquish that actually caught fire in a race. I find his "on the ground"/"in the trenches" narratives quite interesting.      

@mongoose1983 @Saito2 - Tamiyadan never elaborated on the “Bruiser clone”... to my knowledge, no such vehicle ever existed. Other than the Bruiser-like RTR (made by Nikko) that I mentioned in the thread.

Happy to be proven wrong though :) Always happy to learn about something vintage that I haven’t seen or encountered before, no matter how stupid it makes me look ;) 

H.