On 10/11/2017 at 5:55 PM, khyzersoze said:

Nope, not mistake.  That's how much I paid and I should be getting it within a couple of days. (Confirmed shipped).

I should've bought the front arm.... totally forgot about that one.  I only bought the rear arms and sway bar.  The other pieces I want aren't available yet... and I'm going to take a wait and see approach to them.

Did your aluminum parts come with 5.8 aluminum balls? 

The pictures on gmade site shows them in pictures, But ebay pictures do not.

9 hours ago, Dustinf11 said:

Did your aluminum parts come with 5.8 aluminum balls? 

The pictures on gmade site shows them in pictures, But ebay pictures do not.

Trailing arms yes, sway bar no.

1 hour ago, khyzersoze said:

Trailing arms yes, sway bar no.

Yup, just got them in today. 

Preorder bonus was 26 aluminum balls. The kit takes 32.

Luckily with the aluminum trailing arms, We end up with 32 aluminum balls.

So if we use plastic ones on the shifting servo, We have two to use on the sway bar.

I was suprised when I couldn't fit the 6 channel receiver I had planned.. I use them on everything so I can have options for lights and such.

I may have to remove the board from it's case and make my own. Or use a 3 channel..

I've ordered HPI spider gears to try and open the front diff.

These are the same ones that would work in an ar60 axle.. so I'm hoping they fit.

Gmade may eventually come out with their own though, as they made the axle to be able to take them.

Well, we had our first run in the dirt.

I am really impressed. This thing runs great. And with the sway bar, handles great too.

Now, once I get the turning radius a bit sharper.. I may deal with unwanted body roll. But right now that wasn't an issue.

4100kv on 2s with a 15t pinion is definitely not too fast and I don't anticipate any breakage on the driveline. It's geared low and and never felt overly powerful. 

19mph top speed with turbo and boost set to zero.

It is front heavy, and it does jump that way. But anyone who knows how to handle a rig mid air will find it easy.

I actually liked the challenge of jumping it. It handled like a real truck with real weight to it in the front. I will need to tune my shocks. Heavier oil in the rear should do it. I upgraded my rear shocks to xd piggyback shocks and they give more spring than I would like when landing flat.

So far, I love this truck. I think it's going to be a new favorite of mine for trailing and laps on a track.

VSA5fQ.gif

qbjT8M.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know Harley mentioned the cage being flimsy where the sway bar mounts.

I don't find it to be flimsy at all. Maybe the panels help keep it rigid. But it is quite stout.

They also give you a spot to mount an extra bar across the cage. Which I really like.

A 104mm link will fit perfectly here. I plan to machine one for it, But I'm sure they can be found online.

14w0TK.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1