http://www.tcphotos.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img169_928201720701_5.jpg

http://www.tcphotos.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img169_928201720701_6.jpg

Also coming;

• Front CVD shafts
  • Axle-fit servo mount
  • Axle guards/skids
  • Alu motor mount
  • Alu gear-shift fork
  • Rear shock brace (chassis crossmember)
  • Alu belly skid plate
  • Alu axle truss
  • Brass Motor Plate
  • Heavy duty diff locker

Gom was released a month ago in my hometown(Korea). It is my first Gmade kit and almost first crawler kit apart from a CR01 was in a shelf. I just opened the Gom box, looked around some parts, and closed.

I have read some posts here and there, these were positive generally as for running performance. Some cons also were written, someone said a little more space for ESC(when with fan) should be needed, and said access to the gearbox or ESC for mainternance is more intricate than former kits because the rollbar and body panels encircle it.

It is told the pinion gear could be used to 19t. (13t is default.)

I think wild willy figure also looks nice for the car. (The pic and car aren't mine)

gm_01.jpg

• Thanks 1

@taffer - My curiosity got the better of me and I ordered one of those KB drivers - they're tiny.

Not sure who they used for the model but the figure's 5 and a bit inches tall (if that), tops
Inside leg (crotch to ankle) is around 1.5", arm (shoulder to fingertips) 1.75"

20171002_123810.jpg

Holding a Compact Flash Card

20171002_124102.jpg

@Taffer - If that's a Willy body in @gpgp01's post, then yes, KB Driver will be a bit tiny
My Gom's shipped from GMade now, so I'll post up some 'in seat' pics as soon as I can

I bought a couple of WWE figures from B&M at the weekend too :lol:

This is a regular Willy figure - Body is a Newbright Jeep, around 1/10 (Good for XC Chassis etc)

img169_31102004001504_1_1100_.jpg

Note the dark glue mark near the headrest - that's where Willy's shoulder was glued on

20171002_175546.jpg

20171002_175533.jpg

99.jpg

img169_24102004115953_1.jpg

so Sandi toksvig in racing mode!

(or a certain lannister! 😃)

@TWINSET .....what, whether a] you get hit with import and admin charges, b] it arrives bruised and battered, c] is never seen again or e] delivered all ok with nothing to pay.

lol

My monies on d

22 hours ago, Prescient said:

My monies on d

You could be right, mine's still languishing <_<

1 hour ago, TWINSET said:

You could be right, mine's still languishing <_<

They have a policy of treating all gifts as goods now on UK customs duty valuations, so the only way to avoid hold ups in UK customs is to buy items which cost less than the £$ import duty threshold for goods not gifts. This baseline value is £15 not the £39 for gifts. Allowances are not made for currency spikes either. 

What you then have to do is reclaim the charges if you feel you have been wrongly charged on genuine gifts below threshold gift duty I.e. in that £15-£39 metric. At this stage liabilities for potential false declaration on customs then moves to you once you enter this process rather than the sender. Unsurprisingly they don't get many appeals.

Or the classic of reading Honk Kong Dollars as USD/GBP and then having to fight over not paying duty/vat of several 1000s£ 

On anything urgent I will only buy from international companies for shipping via pre authorising logistics agents like FedEx now who have their own customs clearance channel. I don't mind paying duty/vat but I do mind long hold-ups.

Assuming goods are declared at full values normal clearance is taking ages at the moment. I have found EMS is taking 5-7 days in customs.

Samples or warranty replacement items can be marked up differently with a 0 value but with full insurance but depending on the origin country the supplier can heavily regulated on this.

Who is 'they'?
Can't see HMRC tolerating that policy for long, seeing as they're the ones who issue the refunds when tax and duty has been charged in error - the £15/£39 limits are still the same as have been for ages; https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Any commercial imports marked as gifts might be charged regardless of gift markings now, but legitimate gifts shouldn't be.
I don't import much from outside EU at the moment, so it's no biggie if this one gets hit - a mate's just taken delivery of a fair few hundred quid's worth of stuff from the US, all legitimately marked and it never got hit - so the luck of the draw is still in operation :D

@TWINSETthey as in HMRC. Duty thresholds remain consistent. It's not quite as black and white as my statement to be fair.

Most genuine gifts are obvious on process apparently, including from relatable demographics in sender's names/origin and values/volume. E.g. P. Zhung from Kalwoon is unlikely to be sending gifts to J Smith, whereas R. Stuart from Sydney is. Esp if P. Zhung has sent 200 large and heavy gifts to the UK that week. 

Retail / Commercial / Private source addresses are held on a DB once flagged even if reportedly private. I.e. they know if for example when it's RC Mart, Stella or the large eBay sellers etc.

If things are sent as goods but below threshold then they will typically pass through unless they warrant inspection for a reason. 

They are well aware of the duty avoidance methods. There is no massive or mini conspiracy either, a lot is automated with readers/scanners anyway which makes it easier for monitoring transactions. 

5 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Nice. Going to do a build thread? :)

Yes.  I just need to finish my 3 other projects first.  I seem to start projects, but get held up on the final stages of painting, etc. before I can finish them.

• Like 1

so Harley's negative review is up on YT, even though he hasn't run it!

if it's as reliable as other gmade products access is not a big deal to a certain extent.

thinner cage shouldn't be a big issue either so still looking good!

I had a hard time watching Harleys build video... it was clear he was going to trash this kit the whole time.. right from the beginning. Complaining about the smell.. saying that gmade obviously never drove this kit before putting it out.. when there is a bunch of running videos on YouTube... and the rig looks very capable in all of them.

Saying it has no purpose... and the ground clearance was too high. Yet one of his all time favorite trucks is the wraith?

There's no way it was an unbiased review.

Just a rant... I've been building mine and have not had a single issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been trying to finalize my account on here for weeks... It's been frustrating having info and not being able to reply.

I bought that clear killerbodies driver a few builds ago... but he is too small to do anything with.

From the manual, I did some math on gearing:

Spur/Pinion Ratio: 4.31:1

Differential Ratio: 3

Tranfer Case Ratio: 1.82

1st Gear (Low)-

Transmission Ratio: 2.19

Total Ratio (Final drive): 51.5088:1

Rollout: 0.34:1

Second Gear (High)

Transmission Ratio: 1.43

Total Ratio (Final Drive): 33.6336:1

Rollout: 0.52:1

4 hours ago, Dustinf11 said:

I've been trying to finalize my account on here for weeks... It's been frustrating having info and not being able to reply.

I bought that clear killerbodies driver a few builds ago... but he is too small to do anything with.

From the manual, I did some math on gearing:

Spur/Pinion Ratio: 4.31:1

Differential Ratio: 3

Tranfer Case Ratio: 1.82

1st Gear (Low)-

Transmission Ratio: 2.19

Total Ratio (Final drive): 51.5088:1

Rollout: 0.34:1

Second Gear (High)

Transmission Ratio: 1.43

Total Ratio (Final Drive): 33.6336:1

Rollout: 0.52:1

Hey!  Good to see you on here as well.  I think once more people get the GOM, they'll figure out how to get creative with it.  It is a new truck after all.   It's not like the Bomber where Axial was able to raid the parts bin of the Wraith and Yeti.

7 hours ago, Dustinf11 said:

I had a hard time watching Harleys build video... it was clear he was going to trash this kit the whole time.. right from the beginning. Complaining about the smell.. saying that gmade obviously never drove this kit before putting it out.. when there is a bunch of running videos on YouTube... and the rig looks very capable in all of them.

Saying it has no purpose... and the ground clearance was too high. Yet one of his all time favorite trucks is the wraith?

There's no way it was an unbiased review.

Just a rant... I've been building mine and have not had a single issue.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about mold-flash on components then assemble them without first addressing the issue - I'm off to collect mine from Parcelforce in a while, will take some pics of the ones I get.

I haven't yet watched both videos in their entirety, but I'm struggling to take anyone seriously that wears shades on their head, indoors - I must be getting old.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TWINSET said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about mold-flash on components then assemble them without first addressing the issue - I'm off to collect mine from Parcelforce in a while, will take some pics of the ones I get.

I haven't yet watched both videos in their entirety, but I'm struggling to take anyone seriously that wears shades on their head, indoors - I must be getting old.

I didn't understand the mold-flash comment either.  Get a pair of Tamiya side-cutters!  Any kit is going to need them.