Granddad Stinky

Tamiya Tricycle

This arrived and a tested it out this evening, on 2s.

GoolRC 3650 4370KV 4P Sensorless Brushless Motor with 45A Brushless ESC(Electric Speed Controller)for 1/10 RC Off-Road Car https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Z9QF8UC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1Tbxzb4JZ6ZSQ

It turned the car into a tricycle, lifting it's inside front wheel on any fast corner, that's with 30g of nose weight.

Then, despite gluing, it shredded a rear tyre into three bits and launched itself into a fence, breaking the front lower suspension mount.

It's quite quick now. 😏 How do I make it go around corners at more than walking pace? 😁

• Like 2

You'll need to learn to drive it again as it'll be a new beast.

Roll bars may help, slightly softer front and/or stiffer rear shocks etc, but if you've enough power to pull the nose up, she won't steer if the front wheels are in the air! Lol 

I ran on new carpet with new tyres last week and the thing was doing back flips! 

I'm on 19t pinion, with the nose weights it spun it's wheels rather than point to the stars. They are cheap Chinese block tyres though, £8.35 a pair. 😂

I have that motor in my Neo Scorcher. With the big tires on gravel, it's like driving on ice because all 4 wheels just want to spin on the loose gravel at any speed. I put the smaller stock tires back on, and on hard surfaces it turned into a helicopter while doing donuts. It's a lot of fun.

What car did you put it in, and what is your pinion? Also, if you're running bouncy friction dampers, now is the time to upgrade to oil dampers.

use lot of wings / areo on it.  it will keep car planted at speed.  

• Like 1

I'm presuming it's in your DT03. I had the exact same setup in mine you need to learn to drift lol. It's fantastic fun but I adjusted the throttle end points on my tx to tame it sometimes other times I just had fun with the mad speed lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vrooom666 said:

use lot of wings / areo on it.  it will keep car planted at speed.  

I need less wing on the back and a spinnaker on the front.

Is the motor a 540 sized rotor, or a 380 rotor in a 540 can?  (Looks to me like a 380 rotor with all the heatsink fins)

46 minutes ago, gary1365 said:

I'm presuming it's in your DT03. I had the exact same setup in mine you need to learn to drift lol. It's fantastic fun but I adjusted the throttle end points on my tx to tame it sometimes other times I just had fun with the mad speed lol.

Learn to drift. Good idea. No more cheap Chinese tyres either.

The surface is a school multi sport rubberised surface. They leave it unlocked until 2100.

2 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

Is the motor a 540 sized rotor, or a 380 rotor in a 540 can?  (Looks to me like a 380 rotor with all the heatsink fins)

It's a 3650, but it measures 3250 across the bottom of the fins. I would say it's around double the speed of theTorque Tuned Motor.

4 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

I have that motor in my Neo Scorcher. With the big tires on gravel, it's like driving on ice because all 4 wheels just want to spin on the loose gravel at any speed. I put the smaller stock tires back on, and on hard surfaces it turned into a helicopter while doing donuts. It's a lot of fun.

What car did you put it in, and what is your pinion? Also, if you're running bouncy friction dampers, now is the time to upgrade to oil dampers.

I've got Abismal shocks, standard springs. I wouldn't buy Abismals again, the springs are much too hard. It was like putting a solid rod in place of the shock, no droop/sag at all.

Perhaps I should dispense with the car wheel weights in the front and just put the car wheel on it!

🤣😂🤣

Another option you can do is get the programming card and set it to an easy take off.