Ann3x

Vanquish Dogbones

Anyone know the length of dogbones required for the Vanquish?

I know its same as Avante/Egress (same geometry anyway) but these have UJs as standard and ideally I'd like "proper" vanquish :).

Tamico site says the dogbones are the same as DF-01 but clearly that isnt the case (DF-01 are much longer when I test fitted some).

Vanquish build manual shows U/J driveshafts for the front, dogbones for the rear - same as the Avante & Egress.

The rear dogbones are approx. 62mm measured from the pic in the manual.

So, if your Vanquish has U/J driveshafts on the front & dogbones at the rear - good news, you already have a 'proper' Vanquish !

Yeah that's the problem.... It doesn't have the dogbones.... 

I have the front sorted for ujs just need dogbones. Does anything else take 62mm?

23 minutes ago, Ann3x said:

Yeah that's the problem.... It doesn't have the dogbones.... 

I have the front sorted for ujs just need dogbones. Does anything else take 62mm?

Ah ! So you have U/J driveshafts at both ends ?

Do you have the axle shafts & drivecups for dogbones - don't think they are easy to find. 

I've got ujs and cups for front end and diff and wheel cups for the rear..... Just missing the driveshafts. 

Those vintage driveshafts are quite hard to find...I'm sure on another thread someone mentioned that they had just got one after a very long search.  

Interesting.... do you know if any other models use 62mm shafts perhaps?

At a push I can use UJs or even Posis but I'd prefer to aim for stock. Didnt think driveshafts would be the problem!

Nothing comes to mind that uses 62mm dogbones - you could try looking through build manuals but that could be a long task.

U/J driveshafts would be an upgrade - I would guess U/J's have been fitted due to the difficulty in finding the correct sized dogbones.

Personally I'd leave it as it is !

I guess ill expand my search to include another set of UJs then (only got 1 set atm).

Thanks for the advice.

Just had a look through my Avante / Egress / Vanquish spares box & found a pair of U/J shafts + 1 dogbone but I'm not 100% sure they are the correct parts.

I measured the dogbone length from a printed copy of the Egress build manual so 62mm could be wrong - possible the printed copy is not 100% to scale.

The dogbone I have is about 64mm, the U/J shafts are about 97mm overall length.

Maybe you can measure the shafts you have ?

I'll measure the UJ when it arrives and report back. Avante ones should fit fine, just gotta find some.

Yeah 62mm looks about right,  I've ordered some more avante ujs. 

Hi!

If you are still unsure about the length, I can measure the dogbones on my Vanquish which is all original parts.

Cheers,

Markus

Might be worth documenting for others searching later. Personally i just got some UJs - seem easier to find.