Lhodgo

Hornet Battery Cover

Any tips for improving the fixing of the battery cover on my hornet? Every time I drive it I spend half the time looking for the cover that falls off. So annoying, just wondering if there's a simple solution that fixes this but still allows reasonable battery access?

Just checked them out on youtube. Looks great but will be a $80 -100 fix for me in Australia with postage. That's half the cost of my Hornet!!!!

i might have a play and see what I can come up with!

Isn't there a shapeways division/fab in Australia?

Before I got my Ampro battery door and bracket, I just used a self tapping screw to hold the stock Hornet door in place. Worked well for me.

You can put a little machine screw like what's in the original 3 piece wheels near the pull tab I think . You need to drill the hole  in the chassis and cover .

A bit of a pain but it works.

Alternatively get a hobbywing 1060 ESC or other lipo compatible speed controller/buzzer and use a much lighter lipo 2S battery (ie Core Rc which fits perfectly in there), transforms the Hornet and you will rarely have the cover fall off.

Back in the day I used to run an elastic band around it to stop it popping off. And I covered both sides of it with that green and yellow striped electrical tape, so it was easier to find when (not if) it did pop off.

• Like 1