guitarman

Grease Question

No not the film.

I find that there is never quite enough grease as supplied in kits so I wondered which one

would be a suitable alternative.

Did a search and am sorted now.Should have done it in the first place but I always forget.

Thanks

• Like 1

Depending on your region, Comma lith-moly grease is awesome (Amazon or Halfords). They also do general multipurpose and high-performance greases. Given the price is typically £4-£7 per 500g I have found it perfect for RC. It is a fraction of the price of RC specific grease and is a useful function for other 1:1 purposes too. 

23 hours ago, guitarman said:

No not the film.

I find that there is never quite enough grease as supplied in kits so I wondered which one

would be a suitable alternative.

There is more than enough grease in a tube to do a brand new kit.

If you are doing a runner, you can eliminate using half the grease because you will be replacing the nylon bushes with ball race bearings, also if you are using as a runner you might want to think twice about greasing the drive cups and shafts as they pick up grit, create a grinding paste, and wear excessively. 

But by all means,the thread wooders28 linked above should help you with regard to regular maintaining and servicing.