Sign in to follow this  
StueyS

Tamiya Frog front track width

Hi guys. I am looking to increase the front track width of my Frog. I have fitted a nylon 1160 bearing in between the front axle bracket and the upright, where the star washer sits. The increase is about what I am looking for, but I think it will need a star washer each side to try and prevent any chance of it slipping. I was thinking a 3d printed part which had tabs to key it in each side would be fairly simple for someone skilled to produce, does anyone currently make such a part?

Team CRP #1565 allows for lengthening the front stub axle to mount monster truck wheels:

http://www.rcchopshop.com/crp/1565.html

If you use bushings as spacers instead, you can use this part to slightly widen your front track. Please put thin shims between the wheel ball bearing and the bushings, this will prevent the ball bearings from rubbing against them. Also please notice this:

If you can find them, the arms for the Super Blackfoot (C5 and C8) are a little longer than the typical Frog arms.  That will give you about an extra centimeter on each side...

Terry

hello

i made 6mm spacers out of alloy,and front frog tower out of fibreglass.

20170716_200817[1].jpg

the tower will bolt to front when other holes drilled and cleaned up.the shocks will bolt to legs of frog.

17 hours ago, magpie said:

hello

i made 6mm spacers out of alloy,and front frog tower out of fibreglass.

20170716_200817[1].jpg

What are you going to bolt/screw the radius rods to?