gizard

DT-03T Aqroshot Build

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I wrapped a bit of parcel tape around mine which seemed to stop it rattling. I don't run the rear anymore though, just the front to maximise rear grip on loose surfaces. 

I just want to confirm that i have it in the correct place under the gearbox - does this look correct? 

dt03_rear-stabilizer.jpg

3 minutes ago, jomotion said:

I just want to confirm that i have it in the correct place under the gearbox - does this look correct? 

dt03_rear-stabilizer.jpg

That looks right.

Just now, ThunderDragonCy said:

That looks right.

Ok thanks! I may just take it off - as it seems to add no value - since it is wobbling around so much..

2 hours ago, jomotion said:

Ok thanks! I may just take it off - as it seems to add no value - since it is wobbling around so much..

There are two reviews of the dt03 from a few years ago and both said the rear was wobbly and seemed not to work

• Sad 1

The rear bar worked on mine with the tape but for me I need rear grip not front because I like doing skids on gravel 😉 I have read that the rear bar is good if you run on high grip surfaces like grass or astro

Apparently you are supposed to use grub screws that tighten into the M8 part - in which will tighten that rear stabilizer down. It wasn't clear in the instructions - but you can see where on this pic (the red areas).

IMG_20171122_102618500.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jomotion said:

Apparently you are supposed to use grub screws that tighten into the M8 part - in which will tighten that rear stabilizer down. It wasn't clear in the instructions - but you can see where on this pic (the red areas).

IMG_20171122_102618500.jpg

Hmm very observant of you - I just dug out the instructions and indeed there are 5 grub screws - 2 for each bar / one on each of the ball joints - so I had 1 spare in the packet, I have screwed it in now - will have to see what happens - note there are 2 holes but only 1 grub screw.

on another note as I had to remove the gearbox from the chassis I noticed that a fair amount of the 500k diff oil has leaked out - might have to get a ball diff instead...

Success! - I removed the gearbox - and added the two grub screws to the M8 part.. and bam! it is nice and tight now! Not sure why they didn't have that key point on the instructions....

M8part.jpg

• Like 1