This is another body that I built from left overs building King Kong III. I decided to build No Problem, it was a bronco that was run in the late 80's-90's. No decals yet but I am working on them.

Hopefully Erich finds my pics and can post them for me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Sure thing, Jeff! In a few minutes I'll get al the pictures ready.

In the meantime, this is John Moore's late 80's No Problem! Ford Bronco monster truck:

https://uncletnuc.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/no-problem-monster-truck.jpg?w=639&h=494:)

• Like 1

Alright, here's the pictures of the custom build.

Just as a reminder, here's the parts as Jeff had already done a King Kong III custom Ford body (see: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/83363-jeff-danes-king-kong-iii/). With what was left he went on to build a custom-extended Ford Bronco body to replicate John Moore's No Problem! monster truck from the late 80's:

WZAJS9B.jpg

Have a look at the Bronco here:

yxnQvBR.jpg?1

Now body stretching ready:

9iyWViY.jpg?1

Results! :D

OlCd4hr.jpg?1

A lil more styrene to go with the right top at the back! ;)

niKSXGb.jpg?1

Genius! You Jeff have some rather serious skills, wow:

0jDw8NT.jpg

Paint photos ASAP :)

• Like 6

More pictures :)

Custom grill work almost ready:

mQkcfUT.jpg?1

And I guess this is what they could call a hand-made rear end:

PFMfy1A.jpg

As you can see painting doesn't seem to be a problem for Vanspeed:

OmVZ5Xj.jpg

A look with the top on with the lovely King Kong III custom body behind:

TFOc6v7.jpg

Pictures of the body complete and ready right away!

• Thanks 1

No Problem now ready and just waiting for the decal logos to be applied.

White/yellow classic paint scheme coming out really nice:

LYytu1P.jpg

Grill on, red lines applied, and ready to go with the Awesome Kong II behind:

cz4WO9S.jpg

Super nice rear end:

oeS5v35.jpg

Stay tuned for more super custom work! ;)

Please REMEMBER these custom RC monster trucks are made and customized by @Vanspeed so if you want to LIKE it, please click "like" on the first post as I'm just helping with the pictures here ;)

• Like 6

Thanks for posting the photos Erich!

The reason the body had to be extended was because after making King Kong III, there was not enough bed left to look correct. Also if you look at a blackfoot extreme/king body you can see that the front fenders are too short compared to a real 1:1 pickup/bronco. 

This is body wound up almost the exact same wheelbase as my Awesome Kong II truck so it will be getting a shortened clod chassis as well.

This is sooper nice work Vanspeed!  How are you joining the body with the styrene pieces?  Are you bracing on the back somehow?  And what kinda glue, just a plastic cement?

I run full sheets behind the backside, cut to follow the contour of the body. I use solvent weld, not glue. Solvent weld actually welds the two parts together and it is a far superior product to any type of glue.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2017 at 1:54 AM, Vanspeed said:

I run full sheets behind the backside, cut to follow the contour of the body. I use solvent weld, not glue. Solvent weld actually welds the two parts together and it is a far superior product to any type of glue.

Great work on these trucks. Any chance you or mongoose could post pictures of the process described above?

14 hours ago, BigJag said:

Great work on these trucks. Any chance you or mongoose could post pictures of the process described above?

I'll try to get some more pictures from Jeff later, and I'll let you know. Have a good week! :)

Here's what Jeff come up with. No Problem! virtually done! Wow.

hJuKElG.jpg

pqfpwNz.jpg

c96EnO1.jpg

SUHhqbx.jpg

You all have a GOOD Friday! :)

• Like 12

Please guys remember I'm only helping with the pictures here. If you feel like "liking" this truck don't forget to do so on the first post as it is @Vanspeed who made the truck! :)

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2017 at 7:17 PM, Vanspeed said:

I am still looking for a 1/12 scale engine for it, that is why the hood opening is not cut. 

Hi there Jeff, what about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/V8-Engine-Chrome-NOS-Combo-1-10-SCX10-Traxxas-Axial-Tamiya-HPI-Crawler-/152680533710?hash=item238c780ece:g:5N4AAOSwLEtYm3Yk

Anyway, apart of some "hole" over the hood I can not see the blower sticking out like other trucks:

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 11:41 PM, Vanspeed said:

Hopefully Erich finds my pics and can post them for me.

Hi there Jeff,

I just found out about your OUTLAW 35 and I think it is absolutely BRILLIANT!!

Your work on this custom is nothing short of amazing. Love it!!

Here's some pics so the people here have a little look :wub:

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

The real thing, in case you don't remember how the monster truck looked like thirty years ago:

Resultado de imagen para outlaw 35 monster truck vintage

• Like 3

Outstanding work! Any updates on the No Problem truck build. Last we heard was that @Vanspeed was looking for an engine for it. That Outlaw truck is superb . I don't remember having ever seen it before. Has @vanspeed produced any other trucks aside from King Kong, No Problem and the Outlaw Truck?

On 6/28/2018 at 2:27 AM, BigJag said:

Outstanding work! Any updates on the No Problem truck build. Last we heard was that @Vanspeed was looking for an engine for it. That Outlaw truck is superb . I don't remember having ever seen it before. Has @vanspeed produced any other trucks aside from King Kong, No Problem and the Outlaw Truck?

I haven't heard from the man in ages now, but I know he's been working on more classic Monster Trucks from the 80's.

Oh, WOW. Just learnt that Jeff was hired by King Kong's owner, Jeff Dane, to recreate the three monster trucks he built and run in the 80's decade.

The trucks are now part of the collection of Mr. Dane in Killeen, TX. Here's some pictures.

Too bad these wonderful RC trucks don't get the attention they deserve. These must be one of the most incredible pieces of work I've ever seen!

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: car

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2