Thanks guys for the kind words. I have been busy with home renovations but this winter I will be back on it, making some new trucks for Jeff Dane and a few guys others as well.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Vanspeed said:

Thanks guys for the kind words. I have been busy with home renovations but this winter I will be back on it, making some new trucks for Jeff Dane and a few guys others as well.

Good to have you back in the forums, pal. I am sure your trucks are going to look absolutely brilliant!!

PS. What a fantastic job you did for Jeff Dane!! :)

• Like 1

Awesome work! No Problem was one of the last trucks to run the older style leaf spring chassis. I believe it held out until the 1994 racing season.

• Like 1

'94? Wow, that's a long time considering Bigfoot 8 (the first "suspension" truck) was out around '89. USA-1 did pretty well on leaf springs for a while too. I remember watching all these trucks on TV after school. What a blast.

5 hours ago, Saito2 said:

'94? Wow, that's a long time considering Bigfoot 8 (the first "suspension" truck) was out around '89. USA-1 did pretty well on leaf springs for a while too. I remember watching all these trucks on TV after school. What a blast.

It was '93 or '94 that was the last season for leaves under No Problem. I can't remember off the top of my head what the other leaf sprung truck was that year but there was only one other and neither did very well in points standings. Bigfoot, Bearfoot, Executioner, and the other big names were completely clearing cars while the leaf sprung trucks were bumbling around just trying to get up onto them. I'm old enough to start remembering the mid 90s but as an adult, I've watched every televised event from the 80s up to Monster Jam era. Monster Jam started focusing on freestyle and covered very little racing and that's when I lost interest. I sure do wish monster trucks still started off pulling tractor pull sleds!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jg009 said:

Monster Jam started focusing on freestyle and covered very little racing and that's when I lost interest. I sure do wish monster trucks still started off pulling tractor pull sleds!

Same here. I watched the TNT Monster Truck Challenge/Tuff Trax religiously but got turned off by the increasing freestyle stuff. Those were fun times. I recall them trying everything with monster trucks, sleds, mud bogs etc. Remember the hill climbs/Gravelrama?

• Like 2

On 9/2/2018 at 7:59 AM, Saito2 said:

Same here. I watched the TNT Monster Truck Challenge/Tuff Trax religiously but got turned off by the increasing freestyle stuff. Those were fun times. I recall them trying everything with monster trucks, sleds, mud bogs etc. Remember the hill climbs/Gravelrama?

That was an awesome time for Monster Trucks. I wish there was more film of events like that.

Just learnt @Vanspeed is working on another Clod sized King Kong for Jeff Dane, this time the original blue truck. What a fantastic bodywork!

50790787_381542745942188_238112213796126

One of the first ones was the Diesel-powered Awesome Kong:

49603601_376704236426039_827559856710457

Here's the real thing:

49650884_376704006426062_174402389920658

Hopefully we'll see more of his fantastic work anytime soon :)

• Like 1