sirandy

Some cars up for sale soon

Hey guys,

Its been a long time since posting on these forums, life has got in the way, as well as an 'expanded' family. I also fly planes as my main RC 'fix'. As a result, I am going to be looking to sell a few kits. Thing is, I am based in Dubai, and shipping costs to the rest of the world normally put people off as its cost prohibitive. I have family in the UK and will be visiting them later this month, as well as in December so I am going to take them over there with me and sell them on from there. Although it will be probably more interesting for the UK crowd, I will ship to anywhere if required.

I will go into more detail with pics and whatnot, but for now, I'm trying to guage some interest.

The cars up for sale are as follows:

TBEVO4 - I have two of them, both of them were bought brand new, built, and run. They were never raced, just driven around a local track, which has since been 'deconstructed'. One of the kits was dismantled 90% and is now sitting in its original box, and has been for 4 years or so. The second one underwent the same treatment and although it is still in built condition, I am most likely going to dismantle it and give it the same treatment, back to its box. I also bought a lot of spares from RC mart, extra c-hubs, drive shafts, suspension arms and aluminium drive cups. I will divvy the spares up between them so that they have similar value. All boxes and manuals are present. No motors, esc's or servo's

FF03 - Pretty much the same as above, although it is still assembled and in its box with the painted Honda Civic body that has a bit of rash on it. Its not a great body kit, but serviceable and looks really nice. The car has some upgrades to it including a MUCH bigger pinion gear, the stock ratio was painfully inadequate so a steel pinion was put in to 'up' it a bit. There are some engine mount/heat sink mods but otherwise it is pretty stock, including the shocks. Its a really fun car to drive and the body roll made it look like the real thing. I used to have friendly competition with the 4wd cars on the aforementioned track, and they were all quite surprised how well it kept up with them. I had it nicely 'dialed' that there was no rear end sliding out and just a lot of fun to drive.

F104 PRO - The firs iteration of this model when it first came out, you could only get it in the PRO version. Built and run as above, with very few mods apart from an alloy motor cage and some steering servo mount mods. There are bags and bags of tire combo's that I used to try and get this thing planted, and the track was not really conducive to F1 racing, and nobody else had an open wheel car, so I piled a stack of money into this thing and didn't really get the result I wanted lol. I think I had higher expectations than what reality would allow. This one is already in the UK so I will need to do a stock take and get some pics. I recall there was a body for it, not very well painted, and is probably worth a bash, and nothing else.

F201 - Bought new. built and run a handful of times. Stock. Haven't laid eyes on it in a long time, but will dig it out and do a thorough update. I know there were a lot of parts bought for it, like arms and things, but will revisit this thread in a few days, with updates.

TA04F - Bought years ago as a new-build, with no box and manuals, just a runner. Have done some hopups to it, like aramid belt and CF brace, but it has never turned a wheel in anger, or even had a battery put near it. I am an Alfa fan and put the 155 Martini Body on it, but I may keep that and just get a TT02 or something to display it on. (Although a part of me knows I will buy a TBEVO7 since those are coming out soon, and display it on that...LOL. Only the BEST for an Alfa, right.

That's it for now, but I also have the original Eunos Roadster Kit 58180, that is still in its box. I do know that had some minor parts like motor and gears cannibalised from it, so I will need to do a stock check on it.

I will update with pics and completed assessment of the kits, and keep this thread going.

In the interim, if anyone is interested in any of them, feel free to say so and ask questions.

Oh, and thanks photobucket, all my pics were there, and I wont be held to ransom by them so will need to take more.

I'd be interested in the FF03 depending on the price. 

Interested in the F201 if you can send some details :).

The FF03 is in the UK at the moment, I will get some pics for you at the end of the month, I don't want big money for it, but would like a fair price to suit us both.

EDIT, I found this pic before I returned it to stock, it doesn't have the shocks on it, the stock ones are on and of course the ESC, servo are not  there. Motor is no a GT-tuned motor

The F201 is here with me, so will get some pics up this weekend.

FF03.JPG

If you could let me know what sort of price you want for the FF03 and we can sort something. 

PM is fine. 

Hey Guys,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, a couple of personal matters came up that have kept me busy...

So, on to the responses that I got, first for the F201.

As mentioned previously, it was run a few times and then ignored. I dug it out and went over it. It is complete, but it has a silvercan instead of the black can that comes with the kit. There is no ESC but there is an entry level HiTec servo. It will be included as anyone who has built one of these, will know it is almost a complete teardown to get to the servo. I had to redo the rear IFS suspension, but it is back to stock, the way it should be. It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of engineering that went into this model, it really is a triumph of tech in a RC car. Its such a shame the 4WD F1 scene never took off, but they were 'rolling the dice' on a concept that was never going to wash with the purists. Still, its just a fascinating piece of kit. The body is there, but was never painted very well, but will pass as a runner as it is not broken anywhere. Its just an amateur paint job. The sale will include an NIB Ferrari F2001 bodykit, that could be the 'shelf queen'. The spare parts that comes with it are some pillow ball connectors for the suspension, a set of reinforced arms and a set of tires that were a 'softer' hop up in the day.

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

IMG_3122.JPG

IMG_3123.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

The TB Evo IV's are now both in their boxes. All the original parts are in the box, apart from one car that is missing the heatsink for the motor. I used a heatsink with a fan on it, due to the high temps here. I think it was salvaged for use in another vehicle at some point.

One of the cars grenaded the front diff at some point, and was replaced by a oneway setup. Both cars have either a ball diff, or one-way/spool option. I think that the plastic crown and pinions on these cars was a weak point, so I stocked up on them, both cars have some spares. There are tons of spares in the box, I just divided them up equally between cars. The best thing I bought for them was the Year Racing Alu diff joint set. THe original cars came with PLASTIC outdrives, and these were notorious for opening up and spilling the axles, the alloy ones were brilliant. Both cars have a set included. I found some old pics of one of the cars assembled. They are now both completely disassembled in their boxes, and cleaned all the tape/residue off them. One has a few more scratches on the bottom than the other, but they are both good chassis', not cracked or broken anywhere.

IMG_3118.JPG

IMG_3119.JPG

IMG_3130.JPG

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, Sammo said:

If you could let me know what sort of price you want for the FF03 and we can sort something. 

PM is fine. 

I dunno what they are worth, but was thinking around 80quid, delivered? Not sure what they are worth....am I deluded?

Still interested in the f201, let me know what you are after (probably in PM). 

Rob 

Hi Andy,

Any pics of the evoIV bodies available?

Cheers!

Aynar,

they don't come with bodies. I have a few bodies that are NIB but they would be sold seperately.

i also have a SumoPower GTR body that has been painted box art. It has a very basic light kit. The one great feature of this, is that I managed to paint a dullcote over the top of the shell so it has a matte finish. Obviously light buckets and windows are not matte. I carefully cut the overspray film before painting the outside.

16 hours ago, sirandy said:

Aynar,

they don't come with bodies. I have a few bodies that are NIB but they would be sold seperately.

i also have a SumoPower GTR body that has been painted box art. It has a very basic light kit. The one great feature of this, is that I managed to paint a dullcote over the top of the shell so it has a matte finish. Obviously light buckets and windows are not matte. I carefully cut the overspray film before painting the outside.

Apologies, Andy -- looks like I misunderstood your listing. I saw 'evoIV' and I automatically thought 'Mitsubishi Lancer evoIV' :( Thanks for the quick reply, though.

F201 arrived today Andy - Thanks a lot! Exactly as you said.

On 22/08/2017 at 9:54 AM, sirandy said:

I dunno what they are worth, but was thinking around 80quid, delivered? Not sure what they are worth....am I deluded?

Did you sell this FF03 yet Andy, if not pls give me a shout, I've PM'd you too cheers.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, Ann3x said:

F201 arrived today Andy - Thanks a lot! Exactly as you said.

No Problem mate, hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it. Are you going to run it or put it on the shelf? My plan was originally to give it some light running, which I did, and then use the other body to sit on the shelf. I will make sure to get the manual to the UK next time, and send it over to you.

• Like 1

Ritchie, I was thinking in the region of 80 pounds, but I need to get it to the UK, and I also want to see if I can figure out what was cannibalised from the kit. I need to go through all the parts bags and see. I know they SHOULD all be sealed, but if there is an open one, I will find whats missing and try to complete it.

Regards

Hi Sirandy, let me know when you are coming to the uk and advise me of a price including P+P

Regards

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, Jason1145 said:

Did you sell this FF03 yet Andy, if not pls give me a shout, I've PM'd you too cheers.

Was this message invisible?

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, El Dougo said:

Andy,

Did you get my pm?

Thanks

Dougo did you get a reply?

9 hours ago, sirandy said:

No Problem mate, hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it. Are you going to run it or put it on the shelf? My plan was originally to give it some light running, which I did, and then use the other body to sit on the shelf. I will make sure to get the manual to the UK next time, and send it over to you.

Well, no track to use it on so.... shelfer! I will get some of the hop-ups tho to make it a bit fun. Such a cool car.