Mickeyj

New Scorcher in town -my Desert Scout

Hi folks,

i´d like to introduce my Scorcher and myself. Last year i got into rc cars with a Sand Scorcher. It was  a pleasure to built it. The techincal part was easy the painting although gave me a hard time. So a year after i decided to do a face lift to my Scorcher. After dremeling, priming, filling and painting i almost finished it today. I still need a bit of experience in body work and weathering. Lots of 3d printed parts have been added and there is still a lot work ahead.

Here are some impressions of the current status of my Desert Scout. Feel free to leave a feedback.

TmaiyaSandScorcherback.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorcherFront.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorcherRHfront.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorcherRHrear.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorcherRHSide.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorchertop.jpg

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Mickeyj said:

Hi folks,

i´d like to introduce my Scorcher and myself. Last year i got into rc cars with a Sand Scorcher. It was  a pleasure to built it. The techincal part was easy the painting although gave me a hard time. So a year after i decided to do a face lift to my Scorcher. After dremeling, priming, filling and painting i almost finished it today. I still need a bit of experience in body work and weathering. Lots of 3d printed parts have been added and there is still a lot work ahead.

Here are some impressions of the current status of my Desert Scout. Feel free to leave a feedback.

TmaiyaSandScorcherback.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorcherFront.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorcherRHfront.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorcherRHrear.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorcherRHSide.jpg

TmaiyaSandScorchertop.jpg

Welcome to the forum

Great looking Scorcher and some very nice detailing.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

thanks for the kind comments. Hopefully i can do some filling on the nose section and some detail painting today. Im still not satisfied with the wheel covers. I find they should be rusty white instead of old silver.

Needful advice is welcome when it comes to weathering. I just checked out youtube for advice. The salt method is already known ;)

Welcome! Nice looking Scorcher, and thank you for not adding rust to the parts of the body that are fiberglass on the 1:1 (front clip and fenders). You have no idea how many people do.

41 minutes ago, Granddad Stinky said:

I presume you know about weathering with strong tea? 👍

Nope didnt hear about it. Should give it a try. Thq for the hint :)

37 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

Welcome! Nice looking Scorcher, and thank you for not adding rust to the parts of the body that are fiberglass on the 1:1 (front clip and fenders). You have no idea how many people do.

Honestly i did that but i didnt like it. I made the front fenders in aluminum silver and the rear fenders kept in tan color.

Btw i droped the silver rims and repainted them white with some heavy rusty spots. 

42 minutes ago, Mickeyj said:

Nope didnt hear about it. Should give it a try. Thq for the hint :)

You have to soak bits overnight but it gives a realistic "dirt'

Like so... He forgot his wedding anniversary and spent the night sleeping rough.

fYXEimq.jpg

MsN5ZMU.jpg

I was pleased with the dirty hat!

Hi there,

just wanted to share the progress of my Dessert Scout projekt. This time i mainly took care of the lighting, now all lights work :)

IMG_43692.jpg

IMG_43672.jpg

IMG_43702.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

Enjoy

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Looks great, and nice job on the dents. 

Thanks man :)

The bug is still work in progress...