TheMidnight Pumpkin

Old School RC Pictures

I scanned a couple prehistoric pictures of my race trucks from many years ago. They are Traxxas Blue Eagles (which I still have) and a Traxxas Hawk (long gone). I also still have a Traxxas Sledgehammer, and a Traxxas TRX-1 buggy.

How about you guys, do you have any old RC pictures to share? (that don't fit into the above forum topics)

EPSON002.JPG

EPSON003.JPG

A while back I mentioned that I purchased a bunch of stuff to make a light up drone track. Well every year a group of RC guys have an airplane themed event in Hermann MO. So there's an assortment of real airplanes, and RC's flying around. Here's a few picture's from that yearly event:

14449854_154848474971737_6474306650751520580_n.jpg

IMG_4312.JPG

IMG_4313.JPG

14570551_10210905984464250_3024616324958719057_o.jpg

drone.jpg

IMG_4320.JPG

drone glow.jpg

For the 30 years of RCing, these are the only pictures (not digital) I've got. No smart phones back then!

They're on here somewhere else under various headings too.

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0001.jpg

• Like 5

The kid in the yellow shirt... what's the story behind that shirt! "The Hornet" - with Tamiya hornet style insect, but the car does not look like the Hornet buggy... 

Very cool, thanks for sharing :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hibernaculum said:

The kid in the yellow shirt... what's the story behind that shirt! "The Hornet" - with Tamiya hornet style insect, but the car does not look like the Hornet buggy... 

Very cool, thanks for sharing :) 

As far as I remember, the 'kid' (he's 41 now 😂) got the T when he bought a hornet deal (first car) from Beatties models in Liverpool in the mid 80's, I got an Ultima one (only the T shirt, got that Ultima from Otley Modelsport).

The red car is an optima mid custom , running a reedy red dot and nosram  (I think?) Esc. Car ran (he's still got it and trying to persuade him to go brushless) really well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeaMonster said:

Great pictures, love seeing pictures from bitd like this with the cars being used in anger👍

Defo used  ̶I̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶ as they are designed for! 😁

Mate still has all his, and I've spoken to the guy I sold my Ultima too, who says it's still in his loft and will dig it out, when he gets a chance.....

Maybe recreate the pic!! 🤔😂

Although the venue may have changed a bit......(found the pic on google)

1425978_62ad7c99b48f18fd897549bc05ad56d2

Pic was taken top right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

For the 30 years of RCing, these are the only pictures (not digital) I've got. No smart phones back then!

They're on here somewhere else under various headings too.

That's the problem that I have. I never had a smart phone back then. So every old picture is a scan job. Plus back then the old 35mm took lousy pictures when the cars were going 35mph! (-lol)  But everyone loves seeing these old pictures. Hopefully some of the other guys have some to share, because these are wonderful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMidnight Pumpkin said:

That's the problem that I have. I never had a smart phone back then. So every old picture is a scan job. Plus back then the old 35mm took lousy pictures when the cars were going 35mph! (-lol)  But everyone loves seeing these old pictures. Hopefully some of the other guys have some to share, because these are wonderful.

Plus it was a weeks pocket money to get them developed, to get a couple of good ones in focus, without a thumb in the way! 😂

Those T-shirts were known as "Racing Silks" BITD. They had a bunch with stylized cartoons of the Hornet, Fox, Blackfoot, Monster Beetle, Lunch Box, Clod Buster, Frog and RC10. RCCA had tiny black and white ads for them.

• Thanks 1