vwbug2016

Avante release

Well I have managed to source a 2013 egress kit,  cost me a small fortune. I can't afford the avante yet, how long do you think it will be in production this year? 

• Like 1

Pretty much how long is a piece of string - to my knowledge there's not been any documented figures behind production runs, unit sales or release periods.
They coulda made 1000 and when they're gone, they're gone or there could be a million of them in a warehouse somewhere.

Your guess will be as good as anyone's

I agree with TWINSET, it's anybody's guess how long they will be available. However, it was first around 2015 that the prices of the re release really started to climb, so if this production run is similar to the first you've got some time. But for all anyone knows this run might be miniscule. 

So to sum it up; I haven't got the foggiest. 

My advice is to get one as soon as possible. I purchased my Egress in 2013 from Banzai Hobby for around $380 usd. There are now pushing $500 for the same kit. My intention was to get an Avante next, but waited too long. They sold out in most places except for eBay which had them at a high premium. I was delighted to hear for another Avante run, and have since purchased one as soon as they came back in stock.

• Like 1

It doesn't look like a huge batch this time. I was in Japan a few months ago and they had a batch that came out around the same time as the Boomerang. I couldn't get my hands on one as they were all reserved. Last week, I was in Hong Kong and had some spare time to hit the rc strip. I stopped by the local Tamiya distributor before going to the hobby district. I saw two brown sealed Tamiya shipping boxes with a very familiar number printed on the outside - 58489! I asked them if that was the Avante 2011 inside. They were quite surprised that I knew what was inside. In total, they had four sets, a pair in each shipping box. Initially, they said the sets were all accounted for but after some negotiating, I managed to get my hands on a pair of them. After I bought them, I found that there were another 3 or 4 shops in the rc district with stocks of the Avante at cheaper prices than what I paid. Fortunately, my hands were both occupied with carrying my purchases so I couldn't pinch myself. My usual MO is to not make a hasty purchase at the first stop but I guess on this occasion, I was worried that I would not be able to get them at the stores. (Note: By stocks, I mean just one or two sets per store, so it appears that this is quite a limited run.)

• Like 1

Thanks for the info @Craving4Tamiya, I would've thought both Japan and Hong Kong would have them a plenty, so in my mind that gives credence to the theory that this is a limited run. 

Looks like RCmart and Stella didn't get an allocation of Avantes yet even though they are both selling the Tyrrell P34. The P34 came in the same shipment as the Avante so it looks like this is a really small production run where only the brick & mortar shops in Hong Kong were given an allocation. Who knows, there might be another batch. 

In case anyone is wondering, there isn't an extra set of wheels this time. I don't remember if the 2011 release came with ESCs but the two I just got come with the TBLE-02S. 

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

Thanks for the info @Craving4Tamiya, I would've thought both Japan and Hong Kong would have them a plenty, so in my mind that gives credence to the theory that this is a limited run. 

Strangely, Japan just got another batch again. I just checked RC Champ's site and Google translate says, "I got a little restock". Like what many of you guys say, we will never know Tamiya's production numbers.

Screenshot_20170807-024141.jpg

On 8/25/2017 at 9:30 PM, Lhodgo said:

Any tips where to source a Avante in Australia? 

Just buy through RC Mart, even including postage they're a lot cheaper even if you can find one locally. I know this goes against the "Support your LHS" mantra, but if they can't support you...

I have had excellent dealings with RC Mart and they package extremely well. Every box I've had delivered has been banged and dented (thanks Australia post!) but the box inside is nicely safe within bubblewrap.

On 25/08/2017 at 9:30 PM, Lhodgo said:

Any tips where to source a Avante in Australia? 

I would reach out to Metro Hobbies, they have been slow this year due to a change in the long term distribution of Tamiya in Australia (Changed hands after 25 years) but things are moving now, they should absolutely get a batch, drop them a line, very good store and very good prices. Generally cheaper than anything overseas when you add shipping.

https://metrohobbies.com.au/tamiya-rc-1-10-avante-2011.html

I've purchased from Metro before typically they've been good however have let me down on tamiya lately. Waited forever for a top force then pulled the pin. They delivered on my CAT though. So haven't written them off.

On 05/08/2017 at 7:20 AM, vwbug2016 said:

Well I have managed to source a 2013 egress kit,  cost me a small fortune. I can't afford the avante yet, how long do you think it will be in production this year? 

The egress is one I hope they give it another appearance I missed it because of a perfect storm so to speak! My car (1/1) decided to commit suicide and snap a timing belt (not very timely:unsure:) and well under its allotted milage and house renovation costs which bares no resemblance to the original costing all came together with the release of the egress so all I could do was sit and stare at pictures of it (while I was handed lots of bills:() I've even got my original ford ranger out to give up and put towards in anticipation of a re-re-release:wub:!

IMG_20170827_111059.jpg

10 hours ago, Lhodgo said:

I've purchased from Metro before typically they've been good however have let me down on tamiya lately. Waited forever for a top force then pulled the pin. They delivered on my CAT though. So haven't written them off.

They tell me SMS totally forgot to bring in any TopForce, fwiw... :(

Yep. It's sorted now...it's sitting on my shelf!!! Also got my avante ordered from rcmart. Thanks Bomba1

On 27/08/2017 at 5:59 PM, Lhodgo said:

Yeah traditionally they've been awesome, however, this distribution change is killing them. I rang them today to see if there were any updates, there were not. I actually emailed Tamiya Japan earlier in the year complaining and they must have forwarded it to the new distributors, who emailed me. Their email and subsequent response was pathetic and frankly rude. Seems like Tamiya in Australia has taken a turn for the worse. Terrible shame.

From what I have been told its a total mess with the new distributor, i ordered a bigwig and I'm still waiting , when they changed over from toy traders to sms most of the orders/back ordered were deleted

I have been told September is the month for reres in oz I have been told the avante and top force are coming

• Like 1