No Slack

Yeah Racing CC-01 steering kit

When browsing the internet for hints to solve the CC-01 steering issue I found this new (to me) steering kit from Yeah Racing. Looking at the parts this kit seems to finally address the steering issue of the CC-01. Hope it works.

yeahracing-TACC-001BU-1.jpg

Yup, either this or the GPM version, definitely worth fitting

A good free mod is to file down the leading edge of the rear arms too, just take the corners off so they don't hook so easily on the terrain (remove the portion below the sketched line)

corner.jpg

Thanks for the mod idea. Never thought about that.

The Yeah Racing steering kit is what I believe a new set as the previous set had a carbon part and looked a lot like the GPM steering kit. In the Yeah Racing the shaft has "square" ends that seem a lot better than the shaft in the GPM set.

I'm in the process of building a CC01 and have just completed the step for installing the stock steering. I see a lot of people talk about how bad it is, but what is the problem with it? Does the bent metal rod that connects the two pieces get sloppy, or is just the overall design of the steering? 

On 8/6/2017 at 8:44 AM, No Slack said:

When browsing the internet for hints to solve the CC-01 steering issue I found this new (to me) steering kit from Yeah Racing. Looking at the parts this kit seems to finally address the steering issue of the CC-01. Hope it works.

I've now completed my CC01 and see the slop in the steering. If you got this steering kit, could you report back on your opinions of it after you've had a chance to fit and run it?

Silly me just bought a steering kit from Square: http://www.ebay.com/itm/253105477315

Crazy price I know, but I've been stung by low quality GPM parts in the past so wasn't keen to get those and IMO Square makes good stuff.  Yeah Racing though has impressed me in the past so that could be a good kit.

5 hours ago, Champ85 said:

Silly me just bought a steering kit from Square: http://www.ebay.com/itm/253105477315

Crazy price I know, but I've been stung by low quality GPM parts in the past so wasn't keen to get those and IMO Square makes good stuff.  Yeah Racing though has impressed me in the past so that could be a good kit.

wow $75... that's triple GPM :P square makes great stuff for sure

GPM can be made to work just fine. For its purpose & location, price wins. 

Theres some other mob making steering kit, about $50ish can't remember name.

Hey

I just recieved my Yeah Racing Kit and installed it to my CC01.

Even comes with turnbuckles, ball studs and ballends, which was a surprise to me. I didn't use rhem tho, because I  recently installed Tamiza low friction ballends and the turnbuckles are too short since I use different steering knuckles.

30295119km.jpg

30295129zr.jpg

Connection rod compared to the Gpm one.
30295124uh.jpg

Looks good to me.
30295143bv.jpg

Completely installed.

30295114ku.jpg

Steering angle doesn't look to bad either.
30295167mo.jpg

One issue I noticed so far the screw for the left steering arm rests directly on the ball bearings, if you tighten the screw too much, the steering can't move freely. The Gpm steering uses short brass tubes in the bearings, so you can tighten the screw without compressing the bearing.

Other than that, I would recommend the steering so far, of course I can't  predict if it will be hold up for long time.

Only wish Yeah Racing made it in black.

• Like 5