Jason1145

Mini Cooper / BMW 2002 Turbo M03

21 minutes ago, topforcein said:

i only have this pic to hand at the moment but if you need i can take a few more. i love the colour on it 

IMG_20170502_154549.thumb.jpg.2debabcdcde62bdc3ec44f8f7023c2b4.jpg

Omg another shell to add to the list, thanks for that.

• Like 1

So here is the chassis extension piece fitted....

ZUl9t6z.jpg

I3Qd8fI.jpg

This means I have to buy another M03 chassis to fit the Mini Cooper shell on ;p

But for now... here's the pigs ear I made of my BMW 225mm  shell.... all due to me rushing the whole job, not properly washing out the shell, trying to eek out the last remnants of a white can of paint and it spat blobs out..... well you can see the results below!

JMOzj6i.jpg

White already on the front section and red on the middle...

lABma5a.jpg

Lastly the purple... similar to Topforcein's shell above... a nice colour

PNvgIHP.jpg

Painting and now drying the black spoiler

iewLvgy.jpg

All looks good..... the chrome front light buckets came out well too

biEeVS6.jpg

Here's the big reveal...... poop!

sEHZEIT.jpg

3wsSVZ0.jpg

Awful!

H0rZmGB.jpg

HfbEGjn.jpg

Well.... I'll fit the light buckets, stick the rear bumper on and the spoiler as I've done them now but the jam has well and truly been taken utta my doughnut with this effort... it'll make a basher shell and when I can face it I'll buy another BMW shell and do it properly next time.#

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Matt black vinyl on the bonnet and roof and it will look like an club racer

• Like 2

I said you'd finish before me - there was no need to rush!  :o

Probably better than my first paint job will be - if I ever get round to it... 

• Like 1

that looks great i did a similer job on a el camino shell for my t-maxx about 14 years ago. thats one shell i wish i never sold.

if you don't want to use black vinyl on the roof try a carbon effect sticker instead.

oh and where did you get that can of custom colours paint from as that is what i always used until my lhs stopped stocking it my fav colour they made was the blue to green flip i have that colour on my revo shell and my wild willie shell also.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions guys, very creative... however I've decided this will be my runner shell now so it can get banged up a bit.

I did fit front led's to it though which was a bit silly, but good practice as I haven't done that in a while with the light buckets.

Ive fixed the rear bumper on ( two piece job if you go for rear leds too) but won't fit leds!

decals applied and all finished now... too it for a run down the park and it goes great... pics to follow later... sorry Crumble I beat you to the finished job :)

• Haha 1

Then ran it around the car park,I really like this little car with it's very predictable handing characteristics, it's good to be able to get the power on quickly without fishtailing out all the time... it just drags itself along spinning merrily

Slow Mo epileptic fit video.... do not watch it flashing lights hurt your eyes.. sorry

• Like 1

As with any roller there are always a few niggles, the rear left wheel was suspended in mid air when sat on the floor, ont a result of a shock now fully extending and being shorter than the others.. as these were only pogo sticks it was due for replacement anyway.

It came with bearings fitted so that's a plus

I found some short alloy oil filled ones, getting the hardware together to install them always takes me longer to find in my spares, must organise bits properly

XURj5vi.jpg

Then I fitted a brushless motor (unknown kv rating.... was an old one O never fitted before and lost the packaging)

And a hobbypower 60a esc

rOZsqOj.jpg

Bench testing it showed some movement from the dog bones so I tried to wedge them n a bit... they already had a rubber O-ring but it wasn't enough, some fuel tubing helped here

3KfQfgg.jpg

kmeEcHr.jpg

ljTiveV.jpg

Some red wheel nuts to match the wheels... but these wheel will be replaced as they are pretty banged up and won't hold glue if glued down

UFpoBzF.jpg

LAMhW5G.jpg

And finally with TopForcein's Red shell done really nicely (I bodged the silver wheel arches myself)

BI95Sg7.jpg

YOEkl6k.jpg

BuD6Rmx.jpg

b9gDUmh.jpg

73lU5gb.jpg

My two M03's - 210 MIni and 225 BMW

T6DD93a.jpg

• Like 2

I know what you mean, it's the wide looking wheels sticking outside the main body line.. they look fat! ;) 

3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I know what you mean, it's the wide looking wheels sticking outside the main body line.. they look fat! ;) 

They look great, super on a Racing Mini. I'd like something a little more scale for a boggo Mini City so thought I'd try thinner hexes to bring the wheels in. Arches will need trimming too <gulp>. Wheels themselves will still be too wide but I don't fancy trimming them or the tyres down.

Not sure I'll be able to get the shell the right shade of dull Austin Red but as Mrs 'Crumble had an Advantage I could just paint it white... 

I like your silver arches tying into the roof. Enjoy!