Sign in to follow this  
RC Hopefull

DT-03 racing fighter rear wheels drive issue

Hi, Bit of a novice RC guy. Didn't even realise I had to build it from scratch until I bought it. Steep learning curve here. Been working great but recently the rear tyres seem to be "slipping". I can depress the throttle right down and I will here the motor power up but the rear wheels seem to be slipping. Not able to speed up and will slow down on hard surfaces like grass. Any ideas where the issue lies. I have opened the gear box up but cant find the issue. Thanks

Are your tires glued to the rims? They could be spinning the rims inside the tires if not.

Did you use Blue Thread Locker on the pinion gear's screw when you put it on the motor? Have you checked that to make sure the grub screw is still tight? 

Another thought, did you put the pin in each side of the axle before sliding the wheel adapters on and bolting up the wheels?

Well done kingfisher. I was so focused on the gear housing, that didnt stop to consider tyres and axle. The pins are missing on both so will see if that fixes things. Tyres are fixed though. thanks again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RC Hopefull said:

Well done kingfisher. I was so focused on the gear housing, that didnt stop to consider tyres and axle. The pins are missing on both so will see if that fixes things. Tyres are fixed though. thanks again

Glad you got it going. I know you said that you didn't realize that you were going to have to build it when you got it. Now that you've built one, would you consider building another in the future now that you know what all is involved? Building it is half of the fun in my opinion. As an added bonus to building it, if you ever break it, you'll know exactly how to fix it. Hope you stick around and post some pics of your car.

I was quite surprised actually. I was a bit overwhelmed at first but I get it. Once I got into it I couldn't stop. I bought them for my twin boys so I had two to build. And know I have completely dismantled the gearbox and put back together so would be afraid to build another. I'd say these would need ongoing repairs though. Thanks again for your help

she is running well again

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1