lin6499

Kyosho Javelin Re-release

I think my wallet just had a heart attack! :blink:

That Javelin does look nice, and I had a hankering for a Double Dare when I was a kid. 

[Please see This Thread for discussion on truck]

Possibly the most predictable re-release yet, so much so that it's been on my Xmas wishlist for the last 5 months. :)

Great news though. And Optima Mid next year, perhaps?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wandy said:

Hope they make some cages in all new colours as hop-ups. B)

I wanna build a Gold Javelin if they offer gold cages.

20988240_1900621189977941_33828842668368

• Like 2

So is this simply an optima where they couldn't be bothered to add a body, or are there other differences between the two? 

14 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

So is this simply an optima where they couldn't be bothered to add a body, or are there other differences between the two? 

It's mechanically and structurally identical to the Optima, but it has a molded plastic rollcage in place of the Lexan body, and adds a rear wing. The original also had chromed wheels instead of the Optima's white, and it looks like the re-re will as well.

It was quite common for Kyosho especially to release a "lexan" version of a car, and then a "rollcage" version, isually with a few extra goodies. Progress/Gallop, Pegasus/Icarus, and Optima/Javelin all followed this pattern. If you were racing, you went for the lexan-bodied version, because it was lighter and easier to access things, but if you wanted to be the cool guy in the neighborhood, the rollcage was the way to go.

• Like 3

I'm quite happy to see the Javelin coming back. Just out of curiosity, the Jav seems more popular today then back when it originally came out. Everybody was all about the Optima/Turbo Optima back then, but I rarely saw or heard the Javelin or Salute mentioned. When the Optima got re-released it seemed like the first question that popped up was "when do we get the Javelin?" 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markbt73 said:

It was quite common for Kyosho especially to release a "lexan" version of a car, and then a "rollcage" version, isually with a few extra goodies. Progress/Gallop, Pegasus/Icarus, and Optima/Javelin all followed this pattern. If you were racing, you went for the lexan-bodied version, because it was lighter and easier to access things, but if you wanted to be the cool guy in the neighborhood, the rollcage was the way to go.

I want to be a cool guy. But since I've got two unbuilt optima re re I might just buy a rollcage and wing. Unless the boxart is the dogs dangly bits, then I might have to have one just because. 

As cool as it looks its to much like the Optima of which I have one and that has to be in my top 3 best builds so I think I'll give that one a miss! But if it's of the same quality as the Optima (which know doubt it will be) it's going to please anyone who buys it:)!

• Like 1

Awesome! I hope there will be no production delays as with the Turbo Optima.

15 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Unless the boxart is the dogs dangly bits, then I might have to have one just because. 

It will be the original artrwork & blister layout, with a few minor tweaks here & there.

38532fab883f6c7c74f64cf7b6d878c8.jpg

javelin contents.jpg

• Like 1

On 24/08/2017 at 6:07 AM, Robert5000 said:

A bit of a harsh assumption there, lol. It's actually a pretty stunning alternative take on the Optima chassis.

b9ee3e21de6a78620d1d7591e675411b.jpg

• Like 1

On 24/08/2017 at 0:08 AM, lin6499 said:

I wanna build a Gold Javelin if they offer gold cages.

This one would definitely be just for the shelf. B)

stacks-image-2efab9f-84186.jpg

stacks-image-63ef3a9-84185.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, moffman said:

As cool as it looks its to much like the Optima of which I have one and that has to be in my top 3 best builds so I think I'll give that one a miss! But if it's of the same quality as the Optima (which know doubt it will be) it's going to please anyone who buys it:)!

I'll buy yours then,

• Like 1

17 hours ago, salvine said:

Time line for release?

Probably around December I would think, so long as there is no delay like there was with the Turbo Scorpion.

On 25.8.2017 at 11:54 PM, Wandy said:

A bit of a harsh assumption there, lol. It's actually a pretty stunning alternative take on the Optima chassis.

b9ee3e21de6a78620d1d7591e675411b.jpg

:) Agreed, it is a cool piece of machinery, and the boxart do look the part -so I might have to have one. Or two. 

• Like 1