lin6499

Kyosho Javelin Re-release

Not another one! 😂  im getting one of these for sure. Will sit nicely next to my kyosho mint las vegas, vanning and marui galaxy rs. Love the open cage buggies👍marui samurai.. one day. 

On 8/24/2017 at 6:46 PM, Saito2 said:

I'm quite happy to see the Javelin coming back. Just out of curiosity, the Jav seems more popular today then back when it originally came out. Everybody was all about the Optima/Turbo Optima back then, but I rarely saw or heard the Javelin or Salute mentioned. When the Optima got re-released it seemed like the first question that popped up was "when do we get the Javelin?" 

May have had something to do with the fact that the Optima was $10 cheaper, too. Me, I would have spent the extra $10, but apparently a lot of people didn't.

I'm so excited, I have wanted one of these for 30 years!!!  I may just have to get two!!!

640?cb=20140829235648

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Carrera124 said:

Polycarbonate body? The cage isn't made of metal?

They were 'plastic' apart from hop-up/aftermarket versions
The Landjump and Vanning (1/8 Nitro) had an alu cage

Support to make the buggy sit higher for pics - someone in the airbrushing department's up for the chop :lol:
Looks like a pretty beefy bit of metal as opposed to a wire
713-035.jpg

Sits a lot lower without it

713-055.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Carrera124 said:

http://rc.kyosho.com/en/30618.html/

" Includes separate nylon helmet and polycarbonate body"

Polycarbonate body? The cage isn't made of metal?

The polycarbonate body is literally the body for the driver. In the original the head was part of it, in the re-release the head is separate. 

The cage is plastic just like the original. There's a guy around who made some amazing reproduction cages in metal.

On 8/29/2017 at 2:35 AM, TWINSET said:

Support to make the buggy sit higher for pics - someone in the airbrushing department's up for the chop :lol:
Looks like a pretty beefy bit of metal as opposed to a wire

Sits a lot lower without it

I was wondering what that was. haha

This kit will be a great piece to add to my collection. I think back as to when this car was out and I was into Tamiya stuff and never even saw these cars. I may have gotten one back then if I knew they existed. There was 5 of us in the neighbor hood that had Tamiya and a few Mauri Big Bears. Nothing else. Oh well, times were good then.

Cory

• Like 1

Nice! I was going to add a Cat XL to the mix, but after drooling over the Javelin vid......Kyosho will be getting my money. I already have the Optima, and it is a true joy to build. Not to mention all the hop ups options in the kit.

Did the original Javelin use the chain drive, or belt? Wondering if Kyosho will include both in the kit.

All the rear-motor Optima variants (except maybe Optima Pro?) were chain-drive as stock. I would imagine that Kyosho will include both chain and belt again.

1 hour ago, Hobbimaster said:

Nice! I was going to add a Cat XL to the mix, but after drooling over the Javelin vid......Kyosho will be getting my money. I already have the Optima, and it is a true joy to build. Not to mention all the hop ups options in the kit.

Did the original Javelin use the chain drive, or belt? Wondering if Kyosho will include both in the kit.

I was wondering myself as to chain or belt.  Photos show it with the chain so I am guessing it will have both again like the Optima.  I may convert my NIB Optima to Javelin and build one with chain and one with belt.  

On another note I'm bummed that the option parts are so expensive.  Would really like to build a full option But it's just so expensive (like 2x the kit price)!!

• Like 1

Anyone seen open pre-orders for them? I spot one at Modelsport that says e/o Oct, noone else I can see taking preorders yet.

2 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I was wondering myself as to chain or belt.  Photos show it with the chain so I am guessing it will have both again like the Optima.  I may convert my NIB Optima to Javelin and build one with chain and one with belt.  

On another note I'm bummed that the option parts are so expensive.  Would really like to build a full option But it's just so expensive (like 2x the kit price)!!

Ya right about the price of the option parts they are stupidly expensive even the standard parts ain't cheap!, Nice as it is I still prefer the look of the Optima I'll pass on this one but I bet it doesn't appear in October I'm going for 2018!

The hop ups are ridiculously priced, i only purchased the universals. I usually buy them for my tamiyas but i cant justify the prices for not racing

On 30/08/2017 at 3:56 PM, Rb4276 said:

The hop ups are ridiculously priced, i only purchased the universals. I usually buy them for my tamiyas but i cant justify the prices for not racing

The only hop up you need are the universals. I bought mine at a decent price from Banzai.. fortunately they still sell Kyosho parts 

The rest of the hop ups are just bling. The car is pretty solid, so you don't need all that carbon and hardened aluminium 

as for the replacement parts, again shop banzai.. and breakable parts like plastic are cheap