lin6499

Kyosho Javelin Re-release

4 hours ago, lin6499 said:

Kyosho Taiwan

21731074_1431287046926504_71677953673656

Nice! Any photos of the blister packs?

7 hours ago, Wandy said:

Not yet. Follow Kyosho or Kyosho Taiwan's Facebook, they release new photos from time to time.

On 2017/9/14 at 2:07 AM, Wandy said:

• Like 3

FYI Amain is running a 30.00 coupon with free shipping until the end of sept. Just ordered mine.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, lin6499 said:

Cool! As expected, the internals are themed identically to the original, save for a few different parts in the blisters.

Ordered 2 separately from Tower using $45 member coupon ends up at $275/ea shipped.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:17 PM, Champ85 said:

Ordered 2 separately from Tower using $45 member coupon ends up at $275/ea shipped.

Kept checking for tower to list it for preorder but got tired of waiting...

• Like 1

Notice the Turbo Optima-style wheels sitting next to the green car... a sign of things to come? Too bad all their re-re wheel designs are 1-piece instead of 3...

If I wasn't already excited enough.  I may build my Optima as a Javelin with one of the alternate frames.  Hopefully they aren't super expensive.  

Ok, dumb question time..... has anyone managed to graft a Javelin cage onto a optima turbo Mid ?

I realise that the motor would probably foul the cage and need to be modified but I am just wondering if it is possible....

10 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

If I wasn't already excited enough.  I may build my Optima as a Javelin with one of the alternate frames.  Hopefully they aren't super expensive.  

Have you looked at the spare for the Optima? They are stupidly expensive:rolleyes:! So I wouldn't bank on these lovely looking cage's and rims been at a reasonable price:unsure:!

1 hour ago, Snappy1 said:

Ok, dumb question time..... has anyone managed to graft a Javelin cage onto a optima turbo Mid ?

I realise that the motor would probably foul the cage and need to be modified but I am just wondering if it is possible....

I haven't seen anyone trying to do that, but I have seen a Javelin Mid.

22048177_10155157433214842_4548061708872

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moffman said:

Have you looked at the spare for the Optima? They are stupidly expensive:rolleyes:! So I wouldn't bank on these lovely looking cage's and rims been at a reasonable price:unsure:!

Believe me I know.  But there is hope as the Scorpion radio boxes in alternate colors weren't any more expensive than the standard yellow or white items.

1 hour ago, tamiya3speed said:

Believe me I know.  But there is hope as the Scorpion radio boxes in alternate colors weren't any more expensive than the standard yellow or white items.

I certainly share your hope ;) because I've got my eyes on the turbo Optima rims in the photos (not bothered if they are one piece or three)

Great to see so many alternative colour cages being offered. What alternative colours did the original come with?

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Great to see so many alternative colour cages being offered. What alternative colours did the original come with?

I believe the green and yellow cages were the only options originally 

Mine just shipped from Amain. I can almost smell the rubber of the tires!

• Like 1