lin6499

Kyosho Javelin Re-release

Very tempting!  Looking forward to hearing the reviews from folks on this thread once they get their kit.  I'm especially curious to know how it compares from a capability/drivability perspective from the Top Force.

Mine arrived, first delivery to Australia after moving back after 11yrs from Hong Kong.

Boxed packed perfectly and looks awesome, thanks RCMART.

IMG_1920.JPG

• Like 4

Built the main section of the chassis last night. I forgot how finicky the engineering was on these older kits. Can hardly figure out how I built one of these in the 80's

• Like 1

Looking good Suprachrgd82!

Tower shows early Nov now for stock.  If you’re going to order from Tower, I would suggest joining the super saver club. It’s only $4.99 for a year right now and you get better discounts. Even with the price of the super saver club, you can get it for $280 shipped! 

1 hour ago, StretchMaK said:

I thought they might be from the scorpion but wanted to be sure before clicking the order button.

Yes, it’s from scorpion rear wheel.

I was almost tempted to buy my first non Tamiya buggy with the Scorpion, but was too distracted with my Fighting Buggy and Mounty builds. 

This however is awesome. I remember Kyosho's racing buggies like the Optima, but they left me cold compared to the elegance of the Super Champ and the Avante and I don't remember ever seeing anything as cool as this. I guess my LHS did not sell them and there was no internet back then!

My new years resolution was to not buy a car this year. Just pressed buy-it-now. Consider that another resolution broken. Good stuff, I made it to the 3rd Jan!

6 hours ago, njmlondon said:

Good stuff, I made it to the 3rd Jan!

Good thing is that you now can buy more cars in 2018, as you already failed the redolution 😀.

I so need one of these as well!

4 hours ago, Klausen said:

Good thing is that you now can buy more cars in 2018, as you already failed the redolution 😀.

I so need one of these as well!

You are quite right. I normally set myself reverse resolutions such as "eat more good steak" or "watch more Champions League games in the pub". I have not set myself a negative target for quite a few years and it is a relief to fail so quickly! 

• Like 1

I’ve been asleep at the wheel since mid year (when I bought an optima during my o/s trip to Canada), flat out working and playing with slot cars. I’ve just now stumbled upon this and saying I must have one is an understatement. Curious though, does anyone know if these new cages would fit on the old chassis?

On 19/10/2017 at 3:35 PM, madmickmalone said:

Mine arrived, first delivery to Australia after moving back after 11yrs from Hong Kong.

Boxed packed perfectly and looks awesome, thanks RCMART.

IMG_1920.JPG

An old’ish post I know but just wondering if you got hit with any import duties on buying a kit outside of Australia? Some minor overseas purchases I’ve made didn’t seem to attract any attention?

20 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

An old’ish post I know but just wondering if you got hit with any import duties on buying a kit outside of Australia? Some minor overseas purchases I’ve made didn’t seem to attract any attention?

None, whats so ever, postage though is approx $50 US if I  remember.

• Thanks 1

I’ve just bought one as well from Amain hobbies with the $30 off over $300 special for feb. Landed for circa $430AUD. Could not resist. This thread has killed me! 

You don’t get import tax for anything under $1,000 in Australia. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Soon to change :( winter's coming!

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/New-legislation/In-detail/Indirect-taxes/GST/GST-on-low-value-imported-goods/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JNSD1 said:

I’ve just bought one as well from Amain hobbies with the $30 off over $300 special for feb. Landed for circa $430AUD. Could not resist. This thread has killed me! 

You don’t get import tax for anything under $1,000 in Australia. 

Cool I wasn't sure what the threshold was, just didn't want to find out the hard way ;)