Jump to content
lin6499

Kyosho Javelin Re-release

Recommended Posts

I think my wallet just had a heart attack! :blink:

That Javelin does look nice, and I had a hankering for a Double Dare when I was a kid. 

[Please see This Thread for discussion on truck]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly the most predictable re-release yet, so much so that it's been on my Xmas wishlist for the last 5 months. :)

Great news though. And Optima Mid next year, perhaps?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope they make some cages in all new colours as hop-ups. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wandy said:

Hope they make some cages in all new colours as hop-ups. B)

I wanna build a Gold Javelin if they offer gold cages.

20988240_1900621189977941_33828842668368

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this simply an optima where they couldn't be bothered to add a body, or are there other differences between the two? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

So is this simply an optima where they couldn't be bothered to add a body, or are there other differences between the two? 

It's mechanically and structurally identical to the Optima, but it has a molded plastic rollcage in place of the Lexan body, and adds a rear wing. The original also had chromed wheels instead of the Optima's white, and it looks like the re-re will as well.

It was quite common for Kyosho especially to release a "lexan" version of a car, and then a "rollcage" version, isually with a few extra goodies. Progress/Gallop, Pegasus/Icarus, and Optima/Javelin all followed this pattern. If you were racing, you went for the lexan-bodied version, because it was lighter and easier to access things, but if you wanted to be the cool guy in the neighborhood, the rollcage was the way to go.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite happy to see the Javelin coming back. Just out of curiosity, the Jav seems more popular today then back when it originally came out. Everybody was all about the Optima/Turbo Optima back then, but I rarely saw or heard the Javelin or Salute mentioned. When the Optima got re-released it seemed like the first question that popped up was "when do we get the Javelin?" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, markbt73 said:

It was quite common for Kyosho especially to release a "lexan" version of a car, and then a "rollcage" version, isually with a few extra goodies. Progress/Gallop, Pegasus/Icarus, and Optima/Javelin all followed this pattern. If you were racing, you went for the lexan-bodied version, because it was lighter and easier to access things, but if you wanted to be the cool guy in the neighborhood, the rollcage was the way to go.

I want to be a cool guy. But since I've got two unbuilt optima re re I might just buy a rollcage and wing. Unless the boxart is the dogs dangly bits, then I might have to have one just because. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As cool as it looks its to much like the Optima of which I have one and that has to be in my top 3 best builds so I think I'll give that one a miss! But if it's of the same quality as the Optima (which know doubt it will be) it's going to please anyone who buys it:)!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! I hope there will be no production delays as with the Turbo Optima.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Unless the boxart is the dogs dangly bits, then I might have to have one just because. 

It will be the original artrwork & blister layout, with a few minor tweaks here & there.

 

 

38532fab883f6c7c74f64cf7b6d878c8.jpg

javelin contents.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2017 at 6:07 AM, Robert5000 said:

So is this simply an optima where they couldn't be bothered to add a body, or are there other differences between the two? 

A bit of a harsh assumption there, lol. It's actually a pretty stunning alternative take on the Optima chassis.

 

b9ee3e21de6a78620d1d7591e675411b.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2017 at 0:08 AM, lin6499 said:

I wanna build a Gold Javelin if they offer gold cages.

This one would definitely be just for the shelf. B)

 

stacks-image-2efab9f-84186.jpg

stacks-image-63ef3a9-84185.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, moffman said:

As cool as it looks its to much like the Optima of which I have one and that has to be in my top 3 best builds so I think I'll give that one a miss! But if it's of the same quality as the Optima (which know doubt it will be) it's going to please anyone who buys it:)!

I'll buy yours then,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, salvine said:

Time line for release?

Probably around December I would think, so long as there is no delay like there was with the Turbo Scorpion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.8.2017 at 11:54 PM, Wandy said:

A bit of a harsh assumption there, lol. It's actually a pretty stunning alternative take on the Optima chassis.

 

b9ee3e21de6a78620d1d7591e675411b.jpg

:) Agreed, it is a cool piece of machinery, and the boxart do look the part -so I might have to have one. Or two. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...