Sign in to follow this  
Robert5000

Kyosho's Truck teaser movie

28 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

...those of you who are more Kyoshoed than me; what could this be?

The axle housing (left, under steering rod) looks like one the 'Force' range of monster trucks although the stock Mad Force had the steering link behind the axle

mad.jpg

Ref pic of Mad Force axle (modified)
e7uhure3.jpg

There's another pic on Kyosho's FB page with reference to 4kg so it's big, whatever it is

47 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

I think my wallet just had a heart attack! :blink:

That Javelin does look nice, and I had a hankering for a Double Dare when I was a kid. 

30 minutes ago, Hobbimaster said:

Javelin for sure, and possibly a USA1?

USA 1 was a Chevrolet, there's no Bow Tie on the grille.

The Double Dare and USA 1 both had independent (buggy) suspension, not a live axle (as the steering link would suggest)
I think the truck's a new model or re-release of something more modern this time

It's got 'Kyosho' across the hood/bonnet so is probably only Ford 'inspired'  ^_^

Untitled.png

Think so? I doubt that the BigBoss was successfull enough to see any chance as a proper rerelease or "tribute car". As for the weight also, 93.4oz. is far away from 4 kgs...

Looks a total let down to me. Doesn't actually look scale, doesn't look like it will compete with some of the existing class leading brushless 1/8 - 1/5 offerings (prob even 1/10 depending on brands) on performance and speed. There is no licensing either. 

Plus stock it certainly doesn't look like a monster truck, pick-up tenuously yes but MT no chance.

Looks like there is an electric and fuel option.

Ok so you could modify it although you can't get more vertical suspension without fabricating new chassis parts. It is a solid axle which is ever more popular so it has that going for it.

You can see all the various shock and arm mount point on the axles but it looks like they couldn't go full 80s on design and couldn't achieve the chassis of the current Monster Jam trucks either. 

I had a Mad Force with a brushless conversion for a while and it was superb. Completely bombproof and overbuilt.

They've ditched the old blade axle links in favour of a 4 link + panhard setup, so suspension action should be much improved.
Not too worried about it being 'scale', I already got scale. This looks like brutal fun B)

Madforce axles are bulletproof too. Ideal for modding. This will be a real help.

I don't agree that the mad force is all that. I have doubled up the diffs because they kept shredding the bevels, replaced numerous prop shafts because they twist or get lost when the links bend. The drive cups flog out. I am always replacing the chain and plastic spur because they stretch and skip. And I have bought numerous shocks as because if you jump it too high the oil goes past the bladder and then they are stuffed. Also the shock shafts bend easily.

In saying that it is more 'monster truck' than any of traxxas' offerings and it is good to see it is constantly evolving. I certainly prefer these wheels and tyres, the only nicer ones are the original mad force wheels and tyres (clod sized).

With madforce axles you NEED to shim the outdrives and diffs properly, without shims as you said they die fast. Properly shimmed theyre pretty much indestructible, Ive got a mod-mad force that runs a mamba max, axial transmission and 4s, it does 45mph and ive never broken axle parts.