Baja500

Super shot, bigwig, boomerang, hotshot, hotshot 2 universal shafts

Hi, im trying to find any info on where to buy all these drive shafts for my buggies. ? I couldn't find much on ebay.. any help with info much appreciated thanks. I have read that the top force universals can fit some of these buggies..? Cheers..

I have Top Force uni's in my Boomerang , Hotshot II and Super Sabre

2 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

I have Top Force uni's in my Boomerang , Hotshot II and Super Sabre

Thanks mate.. i will have to find some.

I am looking at the moment, prices seem to have risen since the re release, although I used to buy sets from JR- RC, his prices were $9 US per shaft

Hi!

I have Yeah Racing universal shafts for the DF-03 chassis in my Re Bigwig (front and rear), and the fit perfectly.

Handling improved noticeable.

Bigwig_004.jpg

Cheers,

Markus

I have tried DF-02 shafts from YR in the past, they fit in the rear but were just a touch too long in the front of my Super Shot re re

5 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

I have tried DF-02 shafts from YR in the past, they fit in the rear but were just a touch too long in the front of my Super Shot re re

Depends on which set of upright you used when you built it. My re-re hotshot came with the original hotshot style uprights, and the hotshot II style uprights. The hotshot II style allow for a slightly longer drive shaft, you could try them and see if it makes a difference

Thanks for that MadInventor, I picked up my supershot re re  2nd hand, 

Thanks for the help all 👍 i will check out the df-02 and 03 cheers

On 8/28/2017 at 9:06 PM, Snappy1 said:

I've tried 3racing Dt-02 shafts that are similar in length to the YR and they pushed against the drive cup when the arms were level.  I have a re-re hotshot with the newer style uprights.  I tried looking at other front uprights and found the Df-02 (or TT02b) units have the right offset (they will make your car's front about 2mm wider on each side).  Unfortunately, you have to mill off 2mm from the mounting bosses on the top and bottom of the upright (see red arrow in attachment) to make them fit properly.

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok thanks for the tip mate,  i will experiment around and have some fun in the process ☺

After reading this I tried a pair of top force universals in the front of my re-re hotshot, and they didn't fit, even with the hotshot II style uprights. They would go in, but the drive shafts were binding slightly at certain points in the suspension travel.

12 hours ago, MadInventor said:

After reading this I tried a pair of top force universals in the front of my re-re hotshot, and they didn't fit, even with the hotshot II style uprights. They would go in, but the drive shafts were binding slightly at certain points in the suspension travel.

The Boomer, Hotshot II and Super Sabre I have them fitted in are all originals, it's possible that the internal size of the drive cups are different on the re re's ??

5 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

The Boomer, Hotshot II and Super Sabre I have them fitted in are all originals, it's possible that the internal size of the drive cups are different on the re re's ??

Or possibly the gearbox casing is slightly wider to accommodate the E clips that replaced those tiny c clips. Another 0.5 to 1mm clearance and they'd have been ok. I did try removing the foam inserts from the drive cups as well but that didn't help either.

I've got df03 universals front and rear in my bigwig, they make a huge difference to the handling. Don't expect modern car levels of handling but it was good enough to net me a B final second place one night after my main car broke.