StrokerBoy

Tamiya Honda Gyro (Dancing Rider)

I clicked on a facebook link to Tamiyablog, where there were details of the new Rally Beetle.

Much more interesting (to me) was a page on there suggesting a possible future release of a "3-wheeled bike", with a photo of a Honda Gyro Canopy.  These were everywhere when I visited Japan, used for courier work and fast-food delivery.  There are several other canopy-less variants too, all hilarious.  It'll need a rider of course, get your knee-sliders on Willy !

Hope it comes off.  I've resisted all recent new kits and re-releases but I'm having one of those. B)

Interesting, I've been wondering what that's about.  Will be very excited to see what it looks like, I'm sure there'll be plenty of photos and vids once the show opens :)

when the machine falls, it has a function to get up on its own.

I assume there will be lots of falling over.

13 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

I assume there will be lots of falling over.

If its anything like a normal rc bike there will be lots of expense every time it falls over ;)

I wonder exactly how the steering works, if like a normal bike I wonder if you can turn the gyro off and drive it without.

1 hour ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

Those look interesting. I'd like to add one to my cabinet depending on its overall size. Any idea on its scale?

They mentioned using a Wild Willy-head for a driver. So that would make it comparable in size to a WW2. So 1:10-ish. 

I wonder if it will be full hobby-grade, using standard electrics? I do hope so...

All-new six-wheeler, now and all-new three-wheeler? Tamiya has got its groove back, looks like... if you wonder why they don't bother making a short-course truck, it's because they're too busy making stuff that no one else would ever consider.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, IBIFTKH said:

Looks like this could be fun, I wonder if it pulls wheelies...?

It has a Wild Willy torso, Rob... we already know you're in 😁😆

So random... can't say I am not intrigued! 

• Like 1

★ Use 4 AA batteries or Tamiya LF 1100 batteries for power supply.

That's... interesting? There must not be a whole lotta space inside.

23 hours ago, Fuijo said:

Looks great fun.

Reminds me of the Vandenbrink Carver - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carver_(automobile)

I hope they'll do a Carver as a second model/body. I remember seeing it on Top Gear way-back-when. It looks kinda cool.

52 minutes ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

★ Use 4 AA batteries or Tamiya LF 1100 batteries for power supply.

That's... interesting? There must not be a whole lotta space inside.

I wonder if you would be able to squeeze a shorty lipo into it? 

14 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

I wonder if you would be able to squeeze a shorty lipo into it? 

Don't know about a shorty but you'll definitely find lipo packs the same size as the LF 1100

I wonder what size motor it will have, if it's small enough a 380 or even 370 would probably be enough.

The second I saw this, I knew I needed one. This is just the weird type RC I'm a sucker for. Will definitely get one.

28 minutes ago, graemevw said:

Dancing rider? Really?

Perhaps it sounds better in Japanese. Still, it's better than Fighting [something] or [something] Fighter in my opinion.

There was me finding modern Tamiyas a little dull of late, but I do want one of these.