StrokerBoy

Tamiya Honda Gyro (Dancing Rider)

I'm not sure I'd want one for the sake of wanting one, but I can see a new bunch of support races at next year's events to go alongside the ubiquitous wheelie race.  A whole bunch of these on track would be awesome, and no need for marshals!

Ooh, these are going to be fun!

Quirky but cool, and lots of scope for customisation. There's even the little platform on the back that looks perfect for a NOS bottle or two... :) 

• Like 1

Interesting concept for surem, but can't imagine its much fun other than indoors - stability wise I can see the need for some pretty smooth surfaces to run on

I'm a bit disappointed really.  I guess it was impossible to maintain the looks of the real thing whilst cramming all the electronics and leaning/self-righting mechanism in.

Oh yes, I am SO getting one of these.

After I make the tough call of which of my cars has to go then. I made a promise to my wife. One in is one out. (Although technically it's not a car, it's a trike, and thus, not bound by aformentioned contract.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I might be more glad if it also could run on flat dirt at least.

Seems LF1100 battery is needed for standard manual build... um.. that battery isn't sold at the near importer. I hope they sell it when the peculiar bike being released.

Honestly, once I saw it in action it kinda made me want it less.... the fit and finish isn’t as nice as I would think it could be and seeing it tip at the drop of a hat means it’d be impossible to keep this upright with any kind of actual speed. 

But then again I’d never drive it so...... I’ll take two please!!

• Haha 1

I think I'd get one with the idea of trying to scratch build a Carver body for it. (Fuijo put up a Wiki link earlier in this thread) Emphasis on the words "idea of trying", probably more on "idea" than on "trying" tbh, but that's the plan if I get myself one. :)

Any word on release date?

On 08/09/2017 at 9:34 PM, IBIFTKH said:

Looks like this could be fun, I wonder if it pulls wheelies...?

I've been waiting for something to pop one of your custom Willy's into, think this might be the one I splash out on one for!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

I've been waiting for something to pop one of your custom Willy's into, think this might be the one I splash out on one for!

Thank you :) 

Just PM or email me any time.

I hope these kits are going to be cheap because I've got a few ideas bouncing around. Then again, I've still got ideas for Honda City Turbo and Wild Willy projects. And I haven't even started my G6-01...!

That’s just screaming out for a custom paint job.

Vfq4M0A.jpg

Tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk ....... 😂🤣😂😂

• Like 1

Uses a 370 motor from what I can spy, more than enough for the job I'm sure.

While I appreciate quality AA cells such as Eneloop and use them in many toy grade conversions I can't imagine many people would prefer to run 4 AA @ 4.8v instead of using the 6.6v life pack. 

On 4-10-2017 at 8:27 PM, nowinaminute said:

Uses a 370 motor from what I can spy, more than enough for the job I'm sure.

While I appreciate quality AA cells such as Eneloop and use them in many toy grade conversions I can't imagine many people would prefer to run 4 AA @ 4.8v instead of using the 6.6v life pack. 

...or try to fit a shorty lipo in it. :D

It's on TamiyaUSA. Looks like it's going to be called the "Dancing Rider". They also have it categorized with the FWD cars for some reason.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/fwd-on-road-cars-(ff01-02-03)-36250/rc-dancing-rider-trike-57405

This radio control model replicates delivery trikes widely seen making deliveries in Japan. When the model turns, the 3-wheel chassis "leans" into the corner much like their full-size counterparts. The 3-wheel chassis features the motor in the rear section, with the battery in the front. The two sections are linked in the middle, and a steering servo leans the entire front section left and right to effect turns. Furthermore, support arms are linked to the steering servo, and help to right the model if it happens to tip over.

I guess this video taken by importer in Korea. The description on the video is written that the item would be released in December. By the way, they have it (maybe a sample?) already.

Short running video.

How to change battery (not Tamiya's one.)

• Thanks 1

I got a short reply from the importer that the front steer is not connected to the servo on the bike.
The servo is used for leaning the bike chassis, the front steer is rotated by itself naturally relating to leaning of the bike chassis.

I was somewhat curious about it before when watched and saw the videos and pics of the bike. (trike. :))

It's loud! Could just be the running surface (or a very boom-y store), but the thing sounds like it's running a completely worn set of gears!

The ESC and servo sound very loud too - I think it is just the environment.

Loud gears save lives ;)

This is quite an interesting and quirky release from Tamiya. It sure has charm :)

Just a heads-up, Tamiyablog has a lot of photos of the box, and one being built.

Things I've learned:
- It comes with bushings (boo! But no great surprise) even though the one being built has ball bearings
- It doesn't come with an ESC, but due to the fact that it has 4 AA batteries you need a special one (or so Tamiya says. Turn off the Low Voltage cutoff in a normal ESC and it should work)
- There's a hopup battery bar
- It comes with LED holders for the front, but seemingly not the rear
- There's not a lot of space for a seperate ESC and receiver on the back RC deck. Small receivers might fit butted up next to the ESC
- M-chassis wheels and tires
- ... which are screwed in, instead of having a threaded lug sticking out the center.
- The body is narrow, and is going to be interesting to paint with cans (think F1 center section)
- You MIGHT be able to squeeze in a 540, seeing as how the 370 is in an adapter to hold it in.

I still really want one. Its tight turning radius is going to be a hoot in our kitchen. (It might even work on the coffee table!)

• Like 2

The uk one comes with its own power source. 

I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

1 hour ago, qatmix said:

The uk one comes with its own power source. 

I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

And that probably means the EU will have an ESC as well. Where did you get this information from?

Same here! They look like so much fun. Heck, I might toss one + cheap radio in the back of the work van, so I can take my Willy out in public and show it to everyone. (*snicker*) :D

9 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

Heck, I might toss one + cheap radio in the back of the work van, so I can take my Willy out in public and show it to everyone. (*snicker*) :D

Look at how it leans-

:ph34r:

I wonder when it will be made available. Looking forward to the build report!