Rcbasher

New CC-01 Build

Plus if you're adding alloy steering without printed destructions :ph34r: the ballscrew to the wheels usually goes on the "inboard" pair of the holes on each idler arm 

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, Percymon said:

Some of the rear link upgrade kits actually give no more articulation than the stock plastic items. Tamiyas hop up suspension extenders

are basically little hinged platforms that give 5-6mm extra movement each side at the shock top mount.

The CC-01 goes together very quickly, there's not that many parts once you have the axles built.

Kong tyres make a big difference for trail running, less so in dry to moist dusty earth.

Alloy steering upgrade is very worthwhile, as are alloy steering linkages;

IMG_7771.jpg

alloy uprights and steering knuckles if you fancy them, and universal driveshafts  - none are essential initially..

IMG_7776.jpg

Some people modify the block at the front of the chassis tub so it catches on obstacles less - i went with the Gmade lower bash plate which deflects the chassis over tree roots.

IMG_7769.jpg

That's a tidy little bumper, don't suppose you have the link? Also I want the alloy upgraded bell crank set but ive been put off from getting Gpm

4 hours ago, Rcbasher said:

That's a tidy little bumper, don't suppose you have the link? Also I want the alloy upgraded bell crank set but ive been put off from getting Gpm

Were you able to figure out the problem with your suspension?

12 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Were you able to figure out the problem with your suspension?

I'm going to look at it this evening I'm also going to order some gpm items 

5 hours ago, Rcbasher said:

The ball joints on the hubs were on the top, instead of being on the under side :/ silly me

Must have had the instructions opposite of the way the car was sitting when you put it together. I put 4 shocks on our Lunchbox, then flipped it back the right way around and quickly realized I had them on upside down. :lol: It happens.