Sign in to follow this  
JatoTheRipper

Tamiya M-07 Concept Chassis Plug

The awesome new Tamiya M-07 Concept car has one flaw. There is a hole on the bottom of the chassis, said to allow access to the pinion screw, that has the potential to allow dirt and pebbles into the transmission. This would wreak havoc on the gears. Tamiya provides aluminum glass tape to cover the hole. Unfortunately, the tape peels off after the first run or two as the chassis bottoms out on the ground. I created this plug to close the hole and keep debris out of the transmission. Unlike the tape, this plug is reusable.  

I suggest you purchase at least two plugs so that you have at least one spare in the event that it gets lost or misplaced. You can even share with your friends that run the M-07.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/SEVSZVNE6/tamiya-m-07-concept-chassis-plug?optionId=63334527

M07 Chassis Plug.jpg

It's exciting to see my plug shipping all over the world! :D

Shapeways recently cancelled orders for nearly 25 of these plugs.  They said there were issues despite it printing fine.  I contacted them and they have since agreed that it was a mistake and that this is printing fine.  If you placed and order and had it cancelled you should be able to place new orders for these plugs.  Thank you.