Sign in to follow this  
Northman

Original MSC for Striker? Which one?

Hi

Im looking for a new original speed control for a Striker, the one that was in the kit im building obviously isnt the original one as the wiring for resistor and motor is too short, and also it is brown instead of black. Dont really know what to look for either, since i dont know what the part number is as a sparepart. 

I got a NIB 5182 speed controller, but its not enough that it will fit, must be the exact same as the original, if anyone knows the part number on this sparepart it will help me a lot.

Is there a list over all mechanical speed regulators Tamiya has made? And what kits they originally came in, not the first time im wondering about this.

Cheers

I found a copy of the Sonic Fighter build manual and the speed controller part number is shown as 4505024 - I would assume this is the same as the part for the Striker.

The Striker manual also says 4505024, but i cant seem to find this number anywhere else. 

Im thinking that maybe the SP5253/50253 is identical to 4505024? 

I find speed controllers confusing.

You may be on to something there...

My old Tamiya R/C guide book says 5253 is a Hornet speed controller (BEC) and will fit the Frog / Grasshopper / Hornet / Boomerang / Blackfoot / Monster Beetle / Striker

I have a box of old spare MSC's - will take a look and see if there is anything suitable in there.

5 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

You may be on to something there...

My old Tamiya R/C guide book says 5253 is a Hornet speed controller (BEC) and will fit the Frog / Grasshopper / Hornet / Boomerang / Blackfoot / Monster Beetle / Striker

I have a box of old spare MSC's - will take a look and see if there is anything suitable in there.

Thats great, thanks....