Sign in to follow this  
tamiya wrc

Servo motor TA07 Pro

Hello!

I am searching suitable digital servo motor for Tamiya TA07 Pro chassis. The servo motor should be dual ball bearing, with metal gears, 25 tooth spline, compatible with Futaba receiver and in price range around 35 EUR. Also take in consideration the dimensions from manual recomendations (picture bellow). The servo motor can be standard size or low profile. I am thinking about quality servo motor with precise position for steering application.

Thanks for help!

Servo size.PNG

I have been looking at the same thing funnily enough, and by all accounts low profile is the way to go as ot frees up space for other things in an otherwise tight space. Also saves a bit of weight.

I'm looking at these ones

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackstar-ts-d99x-digital-1-10-scale-touring-drift-buggy-steering-servo-10kg-0-08sec-45g.html

http://www.rcmart.com/power-ds1206tg-high-speed-titanium-gear-profile-digital-servo-p-36958.html?cPath=1099_1025

https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-sc1251mg-low-profile-digital-high-speed-metal-gear-servo-sav-sc-1251mg/p183313

All should be fine

Absolutely use a low-profile servo.  You'll need the space.  That said I'm very pleased with the Savox I have in my TA07.

Hello!
I see all these motors during the research:
- Savox SC-1251MG is the best one, but I am not sure if you can mount it on plastic servo carrier because the distance between mounting holes is 49,5 and not 48mm? The suitable Savox servo motor regarding to dimensiones will be Savox 1258 but is quite expensive and I am not sure if I am willing to pay that much.
- the Power HD servo motor regarding to some previews on web it is not very good option. I dont know it is not very familiar brand for me. It is very fast but low torque.
-  Track star looks like good one, fast and powerfull torque, but the price for low profile servo motor is strangly low? The shipement cost from global warehouse would be the same than the servo motor price.

Any comments or some other opinions about the right servo motor.

Thanks.

I have the savox 1251mg in my 2wd buggy and its brilliant. Fast and heaps of torque. I ahve the savox 1258tg in my 4wd buggy and its good, much more torque which is unnecessary but slower than the 1251. Its also full size so i would avoid it for the TA07. I can't comment on fitment as I don't have a TA07 to check it but would assume it works? Especially since @Effigy3is running savox and it fjts my Kyosho buggy fine

The torque of that Power HD servo will be fine, its 7kg which will be enough for an onroad car. I run basic futaba and sanwa servos in rere and Tt02B buggies and they are only 3.5kg. There is another slower but torquier (is that a word?) PowerHD one for the same price, but if you don't like the brand then no point in checking that out.

Trackstar are cheap, compare their motors and esc to high end equivalents. My experience of motors and esc has been good so far, but only 6 months use. They may break after a season vs the savox outlasting the car.

Can't suggest others sprry, they were the 3 on my list based on reveiws i've read. I covered off cheap, mid and expensive to assist my own budget. I will probably go for the trackstar as i will be buying a lot and if they break in 6 months it will be easy to replace just the servo then and the money won't matter so much as it does upfront. Also i find the savox servos 2nd hand from racers who are constantly upgrading so they are cheap if you're patient

Hello!

I have a question about current consumption Savox servo motor SC-1257 TG, for example I have in my car installed ESC with BEC output 6V/2A, receiver Futaba R314SB and Lipo battery 4200mah 2S2P 40~80C, do I need also aditional BEC only for servo motor?

Savox servo motor SC-1257 TG:
Running current (at no load): 100 mA @ 4.8V
Running current (at no load): 120 mA @ 6.0V
Stall current (at locked): 4000 mA @ 4.8V
Stall current (at locked): 5000 mA @ 6.0V
Idle current (at stopped): 5 mA @ 4.8V
Idle current (at stopped): 5 mA @ 6.0V

ESC:

Thank you.